• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kschweer Red Sea 300XL

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Not much progress here. Things have been a whirlwind the past few weeks. My wife and I welcomed our second child, Eloise a little over two weeks ago and our son Eric (3) is non-stop. Couple that with no decent LFS close by we still have just the 2 clowns and a Banghii cardinal. They are all doing well. I seem to have made it mostly through the “ugly” stage which is nice. Hoping to get some corals soon, I’m definitely itching.

For flow I have a single mp10 running full power. It’s doing a decent job but I feel like I need a bit more. As I said my son is lovingly a wild man so I don’t want to put an mp10 on the side that’s pretty accessible to him. I’m thinking of moving the ceramic frag station on the right up a bit and putting the mp10 on the back wall. I know I won’t be able to turn it up much but I think it could help. Thoughts? Any reason why not?
DC46332A-E4D9-4411-BE5E-E3712880546F.jpegCE86E07D-1C63-4CFF-89BD-90EDB210AA1A.jpeg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Also to throw it out there I’m looking for some local/localish zoas and really looking for a baby jawbreaker.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
YO! long time no speak, what zoas are you looking for and have a baby JB for you
Yo man. Not looking for anything too crazy, just something to get corals started in the tank. You still in NY?

Yo man. Not looking for anything too crazy, just something to get corals started in the tank. You still in NY?
Yeah I am still in New york, I'm back in staten island helping my grandfather out cause he's getting to that age.. other then that let me see what I have when I get home. Shoot me your number on the DM!

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Congrats on the new edition to the family.

Have some cabbage coral and can cut a piece of nepthea if you're interested.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Kev have you thought of doing one of the maxspect powerheads? with that on the back wall with the MP10 you should have enough flow and keep it on the same side of the tank and also vary flow between the two.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Kev have you thought of doing one of the maxspect powerheads? with that on the back wall with the MP10 you should have enough flow and keep it on the same side of the tank and also vary flow between the two.
I’m definitely open to trying something new. Which maxspect are you thinking? Been out so long I feel like I’m behind on all of the equipment.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
***Terrible Picture Warning***

Here are the frags I picked up from TSM aquatics this weekend. First corals in the tank and they seem to be doing well so far. Excited to get more!!

1D06311E-36DC-4595-B7AA-11BC3A539678.jpeg79CE1684-FBA3-4BC8-9108-30B20FC49A8E.jpeg7CEEE002-45AF-4A03-928D-356A32BB4191.jpegF9E41DB4-2FA6-4CB5-9D3A-7AFD297FC499.jpeg7B2B044D-B3ED-4E78-A258-C9B82B7F7338.jpeg

Also the clown fish have fattened up a bit and seem to be pairing up.

D75F0687-6F3C-4696-9F04-C04E4B76E642.jpegEE258946-6CB7-4C47-B2D3-A6B9F9054F87.jpeg53600F6C-3864-4255-8C9A-E9EF7B28C6E4.jpeg

And a terrible FTS

E13F4AD2-818D-41A2-8897-26B10AFD52B9.jpeg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I know I have known you for a long time but it still is shocking to me you have two kids. Congrats man and the frags look good.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I know I have known you for a long time but it still is shocking to me you have two kids. Congrats man and the frags look good.
Hahaha still surprises me from time to time. Thank you Mike!

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Family trip to the sort of but not really local fish store today. My son has been requesting a blue fish for sometime and today they had some of the best looking chromis I have ever seen. I know they are super common and cheap but when they get some size to them I think they are a really cool fish. I was also able to pickup the one fish I had to have in the tank, a tomini tang. I have had a tomini tang in every reef I have ever had. I will try to get some pictures once the settle in.

Also to add 2 weeks ago we went to aquarium care center. Kinda disappointed with the fish selection and coral prices seemed crazy but I may just be out of the loop. My son picked out a cleaner shrimp which he has wanted since seeing Jacques in finding nemo. I will say the freshwater side of ACC was extremely impressive. I think I see a small planted tank in our future. Maybe some bamboo shrimp? We shall see.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Under the tank was super dark and hard to see what was going on even with the room lights on. I found a fairly small rechargeable led strip with a motion sensor on Amazon. Reviews were all positive sans said that the battery lasts anywhere from 3-4 months. Charges with a micro usb. Hoping it works out. For its size and $18 I’m really happy with how it lights up the inside of the cabinet.

3594B90C-CF15-4592-991B-98C81A8A82E6.jpeg5CD04C02-C06E-4220-906C-BA309ABDFD9C.jpeg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
So I had a few “dead spots” and thought I could use a bit more flow. I added a second Mp10 to the tank and it has seemed to help out. I also added an OG bounce shroom, vamps in drag frag, and a freebie Millie.

All 3
02E61157-DAC2-4BCF-9E24-0BA3ED7C3A2B.jpeg
Shroom (bigger than pictures make it look)2E1EEFBB-9226-43C5-B94E-E528864860B6.jpeg
And vamps in drag frag
829FEA00-02C6-40B9-B66C-23B1667F12CC.jpeg