• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kschweer Red Sea 300XL

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Met up with @Nano guy today for some frags. They were packaged well and healthy. Took a peek at them in the bag before I drove home and they were all open in the bags. Got GMK, predator, little shop of horrors and a widow maker. If you’re looking for high end zoas reach out to him for sure. Nice meeting you dude.

B86D5EF7-E444-4F7E-A91A-7FBF4CED9D73.jpeg2F9CCC46-9141-47DE-8FB4-75B61F6AF107.jpeg1DCCECCE-ECFB-46D5-821B-D69350047501.jpeg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Out in the shed the other night going through some old aquarium stuff and found my fragging kit. Literally been years since I made a frag so I had to do it. Made 2 sunny d frags and they are looking good! Didn’t loose my touch! Lol

337C6971-8A31-4783-BB92-23C353FF89E1.jpeg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I would be careful the yellow clown goby, those little turds eat SPS
Yea they can be a pain with that. Not looking to do too much sps just yet. But hoping keeping him fed well will help too.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Anyone out there running any of the red sea leds? Mine seem to loose connectivity really frequently. Just trying to see if this is a known issue.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't have the lights, but it's a known issue. If still under warranty, put in a ticket.

Otherwise try a hard reset....I don't remember the detail but it's something crazy like holding a button and unplugging and plugging three times real fast, and do the hokey-pokey, and turn yourself around. :cool: If you can't do the button/plug thing, the next option is to open it up and temporarily remove the battery. There's posts on R2R talking about this...that's where I first saw it.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I don't have the lights, but it's a known issue. If still under warranty, put in a ticket.

Otherwise try a hard reset....I don't remember the detail but it's something crazy like holding a button and unplugging and plugging three times real fast, and do the hokey-pokey, and turn yourself around. :cool: If you can't do the button/plug thing, the next option is to open it up and temporarily remove the battery. There's posts on R2R talking about this...that's where I first saw it.
Thanks Paul. At first it looks was only every few weeks, now it seems to be more and more frequent. I’ll have to put in a ticket and see what they have to say. Thanks again!

john90009

NJRC Member
Very nice mate, that bounce looks happy!! I’m glad it’s chugging along. Let me know if you ever get gutsy enough to cut it, so far mines still alive too but not big bubbles like yours.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Very nice mate, that bounce looks happy!! I’m glad it’s chugging along. Let me know if you ever get gutsy enough to cut it, so far mines still alive too but not big bubbles like yours.
Thank you! So far so good! Fingers crossed! Not sure I’ll cut it as I don’t have a band saw but if I ever get any babies from it I will definitely let you know.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
So fish list.

2x clownfish both ocellaris variants
Banghii cardinal
Tomini tang
No-color blenny
Clown goby

Looking for some suggestions for additions. I want a wrasse of some sort but can’t decide. Leaning towards a mystery wrasse but they can become jerks. Also I love anthias. Thinking lyre tail or Bartletts (favoring bartletts). I would love a pair of ventralis but I’m not sure I have the time for a more sensitive specimen like them.

Looking for some other ideas as well!!!