• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kschweer Red Sea 300XL

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
So I wasn’t going to be able to make it to RAP so I called in a favor and was able to go for a few hours this afternoon. Not everyone was set up but those that were really brought some nice stuff. Going to be a great show. I picked up a nice torch, CAR frag and an acid reflux frag.

9F7770F4-6BF6-4DBA-8E4B-29B891705997.jpeg
Torch
81C8D63E-EA42-44A0-9DFC-9B8E25E788E3.jpeg19D2484B-1C19-44C6-97E9-C4E6A63396CE.jpeg570DE84A-5051-47F3-85CE-F7FA4BB1A2F5.jpegFrag rack is filling up too!

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Under the tank was super dark and hard to see what was going on even with the room lights on. I found a fairly small rechargeable led strip with a motion sensor on Amazon. Reviews were all positive sans said that the battery lasts anywhere from 3-4 months. Charges with a micro usb. Hoping it works out. For its size and $18 I’m really happy with how it lights up the inside of the cabinet.

View attachment 43327View attachment 43328

Today is the first time I have had to charge this light. Original post was made April 20th so 11 weeks. I noticed it was a bit dim so I pulled it out to inspect and charge. No signs of corrosion. Definitely happy with the purchase!

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
So on Monday my AC decided that it no longer likes to make cold air. House is up to a lovely 84 and the tank is hovering around 81 with a fan blowing over the sump. Some stuff is starting to look a tad stressed. Hoping to get a final estimate today and start next week on the project.

erics210

NJRC Member
where you located? I have a chiller you can borrow. Dumont NJ 07628
I just keep for same emergency as we had ours fail once before and lost a few items.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So on Monday my AC decided that it no longer likes to make cold air. House is up to a lovely 84 and the tank is hovering around 81 with a fan blowing over the sump. Some stuff is starting to look a tad stressed. Hoping to get a final estimate today and start next week on the project.

another option would be to get a heap window ac unit for the time being.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you can do it, strongly agree with the window air conditioner option. We prefer fresh air over AC unless it's brutal. So I simply keep the windows open in the house and close the fish room and turn on the air in there.

Fish Room AC.jpg

You can easily pick up a 5000 btu for around $150.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
If you can do it, strongly agree with the window air conditioner option. We prefer fresh air over AC unless it's brutal. So I simply keep the windows open in the house and close the fish room and turn on the air in there.

View attachment 44914

You can easily pick up a 5000 btu for around $150.
Found a few online but having a hard time finding one in stock.