• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Last year it was a spider bite..

Chiggers are nasty critters. I think I would take a spider bite over those and i've had both. I have scars that look like freckels from my ankles to my calves on both legs from my chigger episode.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Use a clear fingernail polish Sid. That will seal the bite and suffocate them. Plus, it seems to stop the itching.

Good luck. Those things are a PITA!

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Olivier said:
The_Codfather said:
This year it's chiggers :'(.. Anyone know a good treatment?

What the heck man? why are you letting those creatures eating you up my man? bite back :)
Fee Fi Fo Fum NJ bugs smell the blood of a Englishman :'(

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A friend just gave me Chiggerex and the wife is out right now getting nail polish.. been taking benadryl and applying hydrocortisone cream.. helps a bit but this itching is insane!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sid, you are a bug magnet!

I like your fee, fii, foo, fum line…...that must be true…..a recluse and now chiggers.

(NOTE TO SELF: Don’t visit Sid’s house ever again....infested with man-eating bugs.)

Anyway, chiggers don’t actually bury themselves in your skin, so I’m not sure what the nail polish is doing??? Maybe it is soothing to actually close up the little hole they have left. Usually once you get to the itching stage, the chigger is long gone. Just use the treatments you would regularly use to stop itching....benadryl, calamine, steroids, oatmeal, etc.

And a bleach bath....what’s that all about....talk about a white Englishman!....throw in a little starch and that would make you one of those stiff-as-a-board, snobbish white Englishmen. ;D

don't use bleach. it is toxic man. use vinegar or windex. windex should work if you ever watch "my friend fat geek wedding"

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Olivier said:
don't use bleach. it is toxic man. use vinegar or windex. windex should work if you ever watch "my friend fat geek wedding"
Too late i did it.. I thought if bleach is good to nuke LR of BA it's good enough for me

Hey Sid, I just noticed a swarm of African Killer Bees in my back yard. Any chance you could stop by later today and help me remove them?

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
GregW said:
Hey Sid, I just noticed a swarm of African Killer Bees in my back yard. Any chance you could stop by later today and help me remove them?
Sure
full-bee-suit1.jpg

Sid, go down to the bay and collect a bunch of snails, throw them in a container of tank water and soak the infected chigger areas in the water. You will no longer be concerned about the chiggers.(inside joke!)

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Whitebird1 said:
Sid, go down to the bay and collect a bunch of snails, throw them in a container of tank water and soak the infected chigger areas in the water. You will no longer be concerned about the chiggers.(inside joke!)
hey that might work like leeches ::) ;D but i tell you what Greg Doc has me on prednisone and i feel like a million bucks with so much energy and been having bouts of roid posting ;D