• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LFS you shop at

Thanks to this thread I discovered Ocean Image Aquatics in Ledgewood. I live less than 10 mins from this lfs and so happy I finally have a great reef store nearby. Stopped by for the first time last Tuesday and picked up a Volcano Fromia Starfish, Lobo and a few Ricordias. Had to come back the next to day to get a gorgeous Jasmine Fox Coral. All the livestock were healthy and his prices were great. But most of all....the owner, Alex, was extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend OIA!!!

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I have two questions I hope you guys and gals can help with. First, is ReefAbout in Ventnor still open? I saw a guy at a petco in Egg Harbor who was telling me that the place is great. When you do a google search, you get a page up that it's permanently closed. Has anyone been there lately?

My second question is probably for James @njtiger24 aquariums , can we sticky this thread? It would definitly be useful for new and old members (and I couldn't find it :) )

Dave

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I have two questions I hope you guys and gals can help with. First, is ReefAbout in Ventnor still open? I saw a guy at a petco in Egg Harbor who was telling me that the place is great. When you do a google search, you get a page up that it's permanently closed. Has anyone been there lately?

My second question is probably for James @njtiger24 aquariums , can we sticky this thread? It would definitly be useful for new and old members (and I couldn't find it :) )

Dave

I heard Reefabout closed but I am not 100% sure on that. I been there twice and the shop was great, small but great. I was hoping to go more but just never got around to it.

Not sure if someone else did it but this thread is sticky (I thought I did that awhile back but I might had not)

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I heard Reefabout closed but I am not 100% sure on that. I been there twice and the shop was great, small but great. I was hoping to go more but just never got around to it.

Not sure if someone else did it but this thread is sticky (I thought I did that awhile back but I might had not)

Lol it is sticky. Please don’t mind me, i’ll be sitting here trying to find more things that are right on front of me...:grin:

I went there a couple weeks ago, the girl partner was extremely knowledgeable and helped me out a lot, ended up grabbing a wrasse and a big cleaner shrimp and some good info. She was super cute also lol.... may actually go back tomorrow to see if I can get a pistol shrimp and goby

That’s place is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hours posted for that store (sea gems ) are interesting. Closed Monday/Tuesday. open only from 4pm to 7pm Wed and Thu. They must really rely on word of mouth because the average person walking by will just find a closed store. When I head down to OCNJ later in the summer...maybe I can do a pit stop.

The hours posted for that store (sea gems ) are interesting. Closed Monday/Tuesday. open only from 4pm to 7pm Wed and Thu. They must really rely on word of mouth because the average person walking by will just find a closed store. When I head down to OCNJ later in the summer...maybe I can do a pit stop.

Yeah the hours aren’t that great but they will order anything you want and they’re very knowledgeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk