• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lost a fish today

My purple and yellow Gramma died today, don’t know why he was fine at lunchtime, I’ve had him a month and a half and as soon as I put him in my tank he made his home under the overflow box and never went more than a foot away from it he seemed happy and ate good,,, wonder what happened
Sad to lose anything but at least it wasn’t a seahorse (I know don’t need to say it)

Sorry to hear about your loss. By the way, thanks for your hospitality to you and your family. Appreciate the tour and the opportunity to videotape your seahorse setup. As soon as I figure out an inexpensive way to chill a tank, I will do a seahorse tank build. Hopefully doing a build will be useful to teachers who might like to keep seahorses in their classroom. A DIY chiller as a class project maybe? Your passion is infectious and your generosity greatly appreciated!

Sorry to hear about your loss. By the way, thanks for your hospitality to you and your family. Appreciate the tour and the opportunity to videotape your seahorse setup. As soon as I figure out an inexpensive way to chill a tank, I will do a seahorse tank build. Hopefully doing a build will be useful to teachers who might like to keep seahorses in their classroom. A DIY chiller as a class project maybe? Your passion is infectious and your generosity greatly appreciated!
Thank you John , anytime

I lost two before I figured out it was Gorilla glue but I know you don't use that so...
Sorry :frown_new:
I can’t believe this I just watched my pajama cardinal die right in front of my eyes. WTF is happening all my parameters are good not perfect but not bad to worry about, nothing new added to tank so I’m sure it’s not something like that.. Uggh great hobby

Holy hell, that sucks. I’m sorry this is happening. Any suspicions of what’s happening ? I really hope there is nothing wrong, and you don’t have any more loss.

I know the feeling, I lost a clown two weeks ago, the female killed him. Had a PJ Cardinal go MIA on me two days ago. No body, nothing, just gone.

Holy hell, that sucks. I’m sorry this is happening. Any suspicions of what’s happening ? I really hope there is nothing wrong, and you don’t have any more loss.

I know the feeling, I lost a clown two weeks ago, the female killed him. Had a PJ Cardinal go MIA on me two days ago. No body, nothing, just gone.
They like to hide behind the rocks,, I’ll bet he’s back there

They like to hide behind the rocks,, I’ll bet he’s back there
Nah, searched everywhere. I was hoping that at first, I have a lot of Open space behind the rocks. Total ghost. Assuming I lost him and the snails made quick work of him. Or buried in one of the diamond goby sand dunes.
it does suck losing a fish and not being able to know why. I’m like you, I take it to heart, once we bring them in, they are family.