• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Might be Emergency

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So last night I went to feed my fish and I noticed my filter sock was overflowing (which has happened before with no issues) because I forgot to change it over the weekend. I noticed there was water inside my cabinet and my rug was soaked. I died up the water inside the sump, swapped sock, and tried drying up my rug. My skimmer went nuts after I turned everything backon so I dialed it all the way down. It finally got back to where it was before and there no water in my cabinet but I can't tell if my rug is wetter than it was last night or not; still feel soaked.

I called out of work and going to pull the whole sump out and make sure there no cracks or any lose/disconnected hoses. I might even take this time to change the hoses out and put the PVC in with the new return pump (which I purchased months ago but never installed)

Wish me luck.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Well just ran into a major problem I think. So I got the sump out and was working on disconnecting the bulk heads. I got the drain line off and moved onto the return line. Now when I put this together I didn't know much so right after the bulk head I put a 90 hose connection on. I broke the connection trying to get the bulk head off. Now I have a stuck bulk head and a broken return line.....

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Yes I do. I thought of that but my PVC cutter were not doing the trick (also trying not to crack the glass). At a local hardware store now

I replaced my sump and return pump, repaired the epuipment room walls, and converted my skimmer from external to internal, all in a day, but only with a LOT of preplanning. Multiple emergency trips to the hardware store and LFS can suck the life out of you. I feel your pain.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hit my next snag. The joys of having a corner tank. There no room to truly work under it and having a hard time getting the bulk heads on.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Ok bulk heads on. Now off to the hardware store to get more PVC stuff as well as other stuff I need. Don't think I will do finish this tonight. Might just put the heater in the DT cause I already have power heads moving to keep the water moving and air it.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Ok I'm done for the night. Got most of the PVC cut and dry connected. Just need to finish one section and then glue together. Been a long day so I'm just going to stop here tonight cause I got house(apartment) work to do before bed lol.