• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Might be Emergency

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Ok so two days ago I cleaned out the overflow. Got most if not all junk out. I then dried the overflow top and bottom. I let it air dry yesterday and today I installed the new bulkheads. I have to say these new bulkheads are 100x better. The other ones I ordered off of Amazon and I ordered threaded. The seal seemed thin and odd (I didn't realize until I took them off) Also all was open to the air for months. These new units I picked up from Ocean Aquarium and each unit was sealed. I also went with slip this time. Not only were these units sealed the deal was also thicker and larger making a nice seal. Tonight I installed the bulkheads and did a water test. Water only came down the correct part and not between the head/glass. . Next is going to work on the piping again.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Are you able to go straight up? What's the underside of the stand made of?

EDIT TO ADD:

Oops....just went back and looked at your picture and it looks like the underside is the bottom glass of the tank.

What are those black plywood looking portions? Could you hook into them somehow?

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So tonight I made up two 5gal buckets of new tank water. I added the new frags from Herb and then slowly added water to the main tank. I wanted to force the water down the drain to make sure the drain is not leaking. So far so go. I am going to wait about 30min then, if I see no signs of a leak, I am going to head to bed. Tomorrow I will finish making water for my tank and hopefully get the return pump going to make sure there no leak on that side.

Once I'm sure I have no leaks I will get all the equipment running.

IMG_20161210_212842.jpg

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So bucket of water added and system powered on. All seemed to be going well until I noticed a good amount of water in my stand. I turned the system off and started looking. None of the pipes showed signs of leaking. It seems like the push connector for my reactor was the cause of the leak. I closed the ball value to that and cleaned up the water. I now running the system with reactor section turned off. I'm going to watch it a little longer before I look into getting the reactor going again.