• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

More than 1 addiction

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We all know that your tanks are not a hobby, they are an addiction. We really should start every meeting with "Hi my name is Phil and it has been 17 days since I bought something for my tank.......

Well, them most people that have one big hobby also have others..... so what is your OTHER addiction/need. Not every hobby, but the other one that if you weren't spending your money on tanks, you would be spending it on.

I have 2, and its a toss up which one gets more of my time. #1 is entertaining, we throw LOTS of cocktail parties, #2 is Aviation, its great to Fly out somewhere for dinner.

You have expensive hobbies! I have a friend in aviation and that adds up but it is a blast. I got to fly a plane for a few minutes and it was amazing!

My other addiction is computers and music. I went to school for Jazz studies.

pgordemer said:
We all know that your tanks are not a hobby, they are an addiction. We really should start every meeting with "Hi my name is Phil and it has been 17 days since I bought something for my tank.......

OK we could do that but then there would be a whole lot of "Phils" at the meeting. :)

I have 2, and its a toss up which one gets more of my time. #1 is entertaining, we throw LOTS of cocktail parties, #2 is Aviation, its great to Fly out somewhere for dinner.

Need a new "best friend"? I love cocktail parties (wink, wink) and love to fly. I've been thinking of going for my pilots license. That and also getting scuba certified so I can get my tanks filled without a hassle.

My other hobbies include Rally Racing (highly modified WRX) and exotic sports cars. I just put a down payment on a Murcielago LP 640 which hopefully will come in before summer!

Carlo

Whistle cars!!! hehe at least you're car guys. some of the supercharger/turbo V8's are really grabbin' my eye! of course i don't have the wallet!!

well, I have too many!! ... I have my harley. I had a 73 charger with a 440 (mostly assembled by me) Looking at a 82 stang at the moment. I just started to learn how to tattoo. Fishing, fly tying. Hunting. Golf. will be into working when i get the area. I may even be leaving something out... lol

C

concept3

Carlo, sold the Evo, no more fun stuff for me. I never tracked the car, I bought the car from my friend who used to drag it and broke the diff (manufacturer replaced it). After I got it, I got it de-tuned at Turbotrix in Edison cuz I was doing about 15-18 miles/gallon and it was my daily driver, 60 miles each way. Last time she was dynoed, she was about 330 @ 28 PSI, had the full blown EDFC Tein suspension, 3" open exhaust, 155 lb/hr fuel pump, boost controller, Stage 3 clutch etc etc (Basically, this was the only car I would ever trust to do an autocross with, almost perfect balance of power and grip, I'm sure you know, Scoobie man!)

Now I just roll an automatic like the other guys.

I was gonna join and do the BMW driving school, but with the wedding this year, it's money I can't spend, maybe next year. I plan on catching up and hanging with a few friends next year at Pocono though.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have two other obvious hobbies.

Drums and everything KISS (don't worry, if you go to the meeting...you'll see!)

pmac90 said:
Whistle cars!!!  hehe  at least you're car guys.  some of the supercharger/turbo V8's are really grabbin' my eye!  of course i don't have the wallet!!

well, I have too many!! ... I have my harley.  I had a 73 charger with a 440 (mostly assembled by me) Looking at a 82 stang at the moment.  I just started to learn how to tattoo.  Fishing, fly tying. Hunting. Golf.  will be into working when i get the area.  I may even be leaving something out...  lol

YES! Nice to see another REAL American Muscle Car enthusiast! I have a 93 mustang gt and just last month i finally, after 3 months of waiting, took delivery on my 2007 Mustang GT  ;D

Yeah Chris, love me some american muscle! especially MOPAR Didn't get into the Ford thing until later. I guess my buddies influence... 86 hatch, looking to do a nasty small block with a 5 speed or a nastier smallie with a auto. LOVE THE NEW ONES!! what color did you get??

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Carlo, When it comes in, you'll have to bring it to a meeting so we can raffle off rides
lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-2.jpg

concept3.875 said:
Hey Carlo-

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/concept3/evo.jpg
12.18 on 1/4 @ 28 PSI and then the differential broke LOL

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/concept3/statue-of-nopi-first-place.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/concept3/destination-nopi-nationals.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/concept3/collage2.jpg

Merv, sweet evo. my buddy broke 10.8 in a 1/4 in his dsm, Then he sold it. now he has a 4 door civic with a jdm type r motor.

Reef tanks..... and cars

pmac90 said:
Yeah Chris, love me some american muscle! especially MOPAR Didn't get into the Ford thing until later. I guess my buddies influence... 86 hatch, looking to do a nasty small block with a 5 speed or a nastier smallie with a auto. LOVE THE NEW ONES!! what color did you get??

black with black interior

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Fishing, Computers- actually went college and graduated. Anything Silver Surfer- I have a kite, figures, books, comics, can't wait for the movie this summer.

pmac90 said:
Whistle cars!!! hehe at least you're car guys. some of the supercharger/turbo V8's are really grabbin' my eye! of course i don't have the wallet!!

well, I have too many!! ... I have my harley. I had a 73 charger with a 440 (mostly assembled by me) Looking at a 82 stang at the moment. I just started to learn how to tattoo. Fishing, fly tying. Hunting. Golf. will be into working when i get the area. I may even be leaving something out... lol

Wow! Muscle still exists? I would love to replace my 70 stang. I had a 70 with a 429 super CJ for a couple years out of high school, but then kids came and I was sent to the world of hatch backs and mini-vans. I drive a 2000 Chrysler LHS now, but I would love to get my hands on a new mustang GT. The re-styled retro look they went for worked, but more importantly, they finally replaced the dated rear they were using in those things. Bought the wife a 2000 back in 99/2000. What a piece of CRAP that thing was. She drives a Toyota Matrix XRS now.

I can't get past the love for rice burners... Never made sense to me, but to each his own I suppose.

But, can you remember when "regular" actually was "leaded"?? I remember having to replace the valve seats in my 73 notch-back's 351 because of that dratted switch over to all unleaded gas!

Ahh... The good ole days...

Cars, computers, and (as much as I hate to admit this) I have a pretty extensive Star Wars *ahem* figure collection (let the razzing begin!). I also enjoy wood working, although I'm not too good at it yet!

Nice Chris!!

Hey Matt, I love hearing about the "good ole days"... Unfortunately most muscle only exist to the money having baby boomers who never had them growing up. Most mopar "specialty" cars are going for upwards of 50g's I can't get back into it for that. I can't even get a shell of a Road Runner for 15g's. Chevys are even getting rediculous. that 429 you had would go for a pretty penny!! hehe ;D
You reminded me of something silly with the leaded thing...... when i was playing hockey at Lasalle U in the mid 90's i had my charger. when i parked to get out at the rink an older "crazy" guy had an argument with me for 10 minutes that it needed leaded .. Carb and Valves are fine.. NO IT DON'T! aahh the good ole days. LOL
ps i drive a 06 corolla now... work is 37 miles one way. i'm no fool