• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

More than 1 addiction

GregW said:
Drawing? Now that's weird. ;)

Lol. You should see WHAT I draw. I've spent two weeks basically attempting to "audition" of sorts for a publishing house that shall remain nameless but produces books of vampires, werewolves, and all sorts of oddities of folk lore. It's been a very strange few weeks of drawing, to say the least. I've got to update my website in a few weeks, so I might share.

kathainbowen said:
Lol. You should see WHAT I draw. I've spent two weeks basically attempting to "audition" of sorts for a publishing house that shall remain nameless but produces books of vampires, werewolves, and all sorts of oddities of folk lore. It's been a very strange few weeks of drawing, to say the least. I've got to update my website in a few weeks, so I might share.

If you make it to the next meeting, I'll be the guy wearing the garlic necklace.

My other addition:

BAMBOO

I've got about 15 or more of them. This is one of the biggest bamboos in NJ at 2.8" in diameter and approx 30' tall -
PhyllostachysvivaxIMG_6397.jpg

WOW! 30'! That is tall. I was thinking about doing this as a natural fence around my yard but I did not plan on it getting that tall!

GregW said:
I'm working on a "living" tiki bar. I'll keep you posted. ;D

Seriously?

Then you need to help me! We've got this "deck-to-nowhere." See, we *had* (very operative word here) an above ground pool with a deck. The pool is gone. It kind of ripped apart, so we took it out. But the deck has been a bone of contention. I insist we turn into a mad-phat tiki bar, but no one else seems to think it's a good idea. =/

mfisher2112 said:
BAH! PUt some walls around it, a roof on top, and make it a GIANT REEF TANK!!! ;D

.... y'know.... the pool *is* gone.... but the electrical system heading out to where the pool used to be is still there......

Perhaps a slightly elevated greenhouse/tiki bar?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
kathainbowen said:
.... somehow, I have the sinking suspicion that mixing beer and reefing together would be a bad idea....
Why!?!? We do it every month and have gotten quite good at it! :p

RichT said:
kathainbowen said:
.... somehow, I have the sinking suspicion that mixing beer and reefing together would be a bad idea....
Why!?!? We do it every month and have gotten quite good at it! :p

I didn't wanna be the one to say that, I haven't been to a meeting yet! LOL!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mfisher2112 said:
I didn't wanna be the one to say that, I haven't been to a meeting yet! LOL!

Well Matt, stock up on your liver medication and try to come to one! From what I hear they are a lot of fun. (I'm pretty sure I've been to just about every meeting but have very little memory of them!)

JohnS_323 said:
(I'm pretty sure I've been to just about every meeting but have very little memory of them!)

LOL! That just means it's a good meeting, right??

I am trying desperately to get to one, but the saturday thing kills me because of the store. And being in a resort town, summer is my busy time, as opposed to the opposite almost everywhere else.

SOMEDAY DAMNIT! SOMEDAY SOON! ;D

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think a good term for meetings has become "LagerVision"

It's a good thing! :)