• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 24g Nano Cube

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Your tank looks great!

As a side note...does that 'nem inflate much bigger than that? That clown looks too big for it. If that is the typical size differential, it will likely end in the 'nems demise.

I am using the power compacts that the nano came with. And yes the anemone is about 2" when opened, and the clown is pretty rough on it. Will from AO said its normal and the anemone should be okay. Thanks for the replies though, everything seems to be doing well inside the tank

and i moved the goni to the back side of the tank, its an eyesore and never looks good. I will post a new front shot of the tank tonight

Tank.jpg

Let me know what you guys think

looking good...so when are you getting an upgrade to house all these pieces when they grow into mother "colonies"? ;D

No time soon, I just upgraded lighting so I want to add a clam and thats it. I want to watch some stuff grow now!

I got the 20" T5 lights from Current USA. I was going to go the MH route but read up and found these are better, according to other nano users. Here are some pics.
Nano130.jpg

Nano127.jpg

Nano125.jpg

Nano135.jpg

Nano136.jpg

The zoos look awesome under the actinics

your tank looks great, but i would maybe slow down a little. you've added a lot in such a short time and it's very easy in this hobby to have your tank crash. I would just sit back and enjoy it for a little while. good luck.

Harry

Thanks Harry. I am done for now, I wanted to upgrade the lights so I could add a clam and now that I did that I am finished and hopefully I can watcvh somethings spread

jsantoli said:
Thanks Harry. I am done for now, I wanted to upgrade the lights so I could add a clam and now that I did that I am finished and hopefully I can watcvh somethings spread

awesome, your tank looks great the way it currently is, but we all go thru stages and always change them around. The best part is just watching and enjoying. After all that's why we have them. me i'm just itching to add my corals but until i get new lights i have to suck it up. good luck

Harry

jsantoli said:

What type of clam?

I dont remember the name, I will post a pic of it later tonight. It's a beige color and looks great when it opens up

jsantoli said:
I dont remember the name, I will post a pic of it later tonight. It's a beige color and looks great when it opens up

joe - if it's on the substrate you probably have a Tridacna squamosa or derasa . But maybe you got a maxima. Anyways a squamosa or derasa may grow too big for your tank...just keep that in mind. Good luck!

Anything that grows too big will be good for all the other members here since I will give it away/trade haha. Thanks for the compliments Wendy, one day I want something like you have though!

Re: That's a derasa.

Based on the shell scutes, that's a Tridacna derasa. I think the maximum size is like 20 inches. Did you order online or go thru an LFS?

Looks great - (Clam and the tank!).

I was on Rt. 22 the other day so I stopped in Ocean Gallery II. They gave me a hell of a deal with the membership card. I love watching the clam, by far my favorite piece! Thanks for the compliments!