• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 24g Nano Cube

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Doesn't look like a deresa to me but it's hard to tell from that pic. Can you get on when it is more open and with a little less blue to it? I am leaning towards T. crocea by the smooth shell and the paterning on the mantle. Deresas have more of a lined pattern on their mantle. If it is indeed a crocea you will want it up on the rocks as they are a rock dwelling clam and aren't found on the sand. They are also the most light demanding of all the Tridacna species and those T5's may not be enough to sustain in unless you get it close to the lights. Basically at the top of your rock work.

Does this help at all? It seems to be happy on the sand but would like to know if thats a bad spot for it
Nano151.jpg

Nano152.jpg

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Definitely a deresa now that I can see the mantle and shell shape better. They are sand dwellers but I would try putting a flat piece of rock just under the substrate for it to attach it's foot to. The rock will also help keep and critters from getting into the bysal(foot) of the clam.