• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 75g Already in Progress!

Full Tank
ft_75g_2.jpg

Left Side
ls_75g_1.jpg

Some Ric's
ricordia.jpg

I'm not officially in the Nikon club, but my daughter is! I get to borrow it from time to time.

This is my main reef, LPS dominated. It's about 14 months old.

mladencovic said:
you are not affraid that your macro algae will interfer with corals and maybe overrun everything?

It's all part of the maintenance plan. I prune every two weeks or so. Exports nutrients, I like the look, but it costs effort and calcium. Halimeda adds to the calcium consumption.

Subliminal said:
What's that big red guy on the left? Looks like a wagon wheel or something. ;)

Cyanaria. Lots of fun to keep. I'm planning on collecting a series of shots when it's feeding. Loves to swallow whole krill!

Good luck. I was reasoning like you when I had sargasum in my tank. After 3 months of "washing" my hands in the tank and damaging several corals while pruning, I had enough of it and bought a Naso tang.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tanks looking gorgeous Bill. It's about time we got to see some pics.

Merv Rubiano said:
Tank looks good Bill! I'm feeling softies myself now...

Thanks!

When I get a chance I'll post my softie tank shots. Let me know when your ready for some softie frags. ;)

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

When I get some more camera time I'll get some closeups.

Steve,

There are a few small acan frags, but nothing as dramtic as the stuff you have! ;)

As you can probably guess, Euphylia's are my favorite! Almost everything in the tank came from club members. LFS's are only responsible for the Cyanaria's, the Bubble, the large Acan colony and the blasto in the left corner. Oh yeah, and the Derasa clam.

The member rollcall is NJRC, Phyl, MikeM, ReefDrumz, Concept3, NJ ReefGeek, NJReefGirl, JRod, Mongoose, and Camz28.

Some new pictures courtesey of Mike S (NapoliNewJersey)

Thanks Mike!

Purple Tang and Red Cyanaria, perfect together!

297_19_10_07_9_19_19.JPG

Bubble Coral

297_19_10_07_9_22_10.JPG

Red Cyanaria

297_19_10_07_9_30_07_1.JPG

Hammer

297_19_10_07_9_30_07_0.JPG