• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 75g Already in Progress!

1320wrx said:
How big was your bubble coral when you got it, and how long did it take to get that big.

The bubble was about half that size when I got it. It doubled in a year.

Unfortunately it's been mugged recently by the plate and a hammer and barely inflates.

I posted the plate for sale today as a matter of fact. You can find it HERE

Wow, thats some pretty serious growth. I don't think my lighting would be good enough to keep the plate for an extended period of time, but it it was I would consider picking it up.

R.I.P Mr. Bubble!

297_19_10_07_9_22_10.JPG

He never recovered from the tag team attack by The Hammer and The Plate!

297_19_10_07_9_47_07.JPG

I sold the plate to make room and moved stuff around to give him a corner all his own, but he didn't make it. :'(

The plate also took out the cool favites under the purple tang in the picture as well.

The hammer in question is the small one above and slightly to the left. That thing sends out some wicked 10" sweepers! I moved another hammer next to it so it's isolated from potential victims.

Hope no one accuses me of staging coral fights! I'm working on filling the gaps and when I'm happy I'll post some pics.

Sorry to hear it...as i've mentioned before, eu-PHYL-lia corals are well known to adapt to all kinds of situations and succeed in taking over. They didn't name them after our president for nothing. :) ;D ;)

Actually just watching bax's video of his euphyllia (frogswawn) send out sweepers - it's pretty amazing (in a coral war fashion).

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear that Bill. I knew it was stuggling but was hoping it would rebound. It's a shame because it was such a show piece in the tank.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks good Bill. Sorry about your loss. LPS can be unforgiving when crowded.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We were looking in our tank around 1:30 this morning. Holy cow! The LPS warfare is unbelievable. All the innocuous little favias, and chalices that sit around so peacefully during the day are BRUTAL at night! That "famous" club pineapple is a bruiser. Who knew! It had long sweepers out everywhere keeping all of its neighbors sufficiently at bay.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
That "famous" club pineapple is a bruiser.

I've actually went in and gave the sweepers a hair cut. They were over 4" long and bothering my clam. Trimming the sweepers had no apparent effect on the coral.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I know you'll bounce back better than before, Bill!

(whew! say that 3 times fast!)

Thanks everyone!

The tank was meant to be Euphylia dominated, but I always thought the bubble would come out on top and hold the center square.

I really think it was the plate that did the most damage. After staying up against the glass for well over a year, it decided to go walkabout.

The clam now is center stage with a relocated hammer behind it. When I'm done tweaking I'll try some pics.

I'm working up the nerve to move the green scoly from the back to the front right corner.

Final Days!

Hopefully I'll be getting started on the 180 soon. Here are some quick shots of the 75 as it looks in it's last days.

297_07_07_08_9_00_23_2.jpg

297_07_07_08_9_00_23_1.jpg

297_07_07_08_9_00_23_0.jpg

297_07_07_08_9_19_04.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sure is pretty... are ya nervous about breaking it all down and getting it all back together again?! ;D

Phyl said:
Sure is pretty... are ya nervous about breaking it all down and getting it all back together again?! ;D

Thanks, I really needed that! ::)

Yes I am! But I've watched so many others do it, so I figure what the heck! ;D

I don't know how you are going to do it some of those corals are just huge. But if any break off I guess you will have frags for sale at the fragswap ;D. Thanks for all the advice too, though you could have kept me from AO as I ended up getting a new tank. I guess I caught the upgrade virus when I was there.

I hope he is happy...I am, he got me a great price on the 120 Tech tank and stand. I am trying to figure all the extra's now. After seeing your tanks VHO are certainly in the mix. After seeing your tanks my willpower was very low ;D I will be watching to see how yours goes for sure. I really like the mix of corals you have the size on some of them is really amazing.

JRWOHLER said:
;D I will be watching to see how yours goes for sure. I really like the mix of corals you have the size on some of them is really amazing.

Thanks James! You've moved to the top of the accidental frag list. ;)