• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 75g Already in Progress!

ReefDrumz said:
As always, your tank looks great Bill!

Thanks Brian!

Here are two corals I got from you.

Plate

297_19_10_07_11_00_27_0.JPG

Candy Cane

297_19_10_07_11_00_27_1.JPG

A full tank shot to put things in perspective.

297_19_10_07_12_28_10.JPG

A blasto for Phyl! (to look at) ;D

297_19_10_07_12_11_47_1.JPG

I owe John a piece of this. He won it in a raffle and donated it back, since he had already won a few other corals!

297_19_10_07_12_25_54.JPG

phil519 said:
Really gorgeous tank! Is that branching frogspawn on the left hand side of the tank?

Yes they are and sorry to say they weren't fully open the day Mike took the pictures.

The purple tang was on a mission to find some pellet food in the frogspawn and they weren't happy about it! ::)

blange3 said:
phil519 said:
Really gorgeous tank! Is that branching frogspawn on the left hand side of the tank?

Yes they are and sorry to say they weren't fully open the day Mike took the pictures.

The purple tang was on a mission to find some pellet food in the frogspawn and they weren't happy about it! ::)

LOL. I thought my frogspawn was big...it's hard to tell by the scale but yours looks like the size of soccer ball!

Thanks logan. I've had the clam for about 8 months. It's doubled in size since I got it.

Phil, the frogspawn is actuall 2 medium and 2 small colonies that are growing together. The main one is about 16 heads now and the next largest is about 10 heads. The small ones are 4-5 heads each.

Thanks for the kind words.

The lighting is indeed T12 VHO's. 330w UV 50/50 Actinic White and 220w UV Super Actinics.

I'll be updating this thread in a few weeks as I have to address an interesting problem.

Growth has been so good the last few months that coral wars have erupted big time. The Israel/Palestine conflict looks peaceful in comparison.

The plate in the middle and the hammer in the back have tag-teamed the bubble into submission. I've moved it back a bit, but it is still in range of the hammer and no longer inflates very much. The hammers on the right are attacking everyting above them.

Fragging is being planned. I'm working on increasing my frag tank capacity as I type.

I've also lost the large stand of Halimeda on the left. It crashed, probably not enough nutrients.

I'll take some before and afters to show the problems and the progress. I've relamped recently so things will be nice and bright as well. 18 months on my VHO's and no slowdown in growth or increased algae.

Thanks Bob!

I really wanted to have a mass of waving Euphyllias growing together when I started out, but I was tempted by other things and received gifts and raffles that don't quite fit. The bubble, some blastos and the caps are taking a bit of a beating.

I was thinking of getting rid of the plate and bubble, but I'm attached to them. The big hammer is carving a nice notch out of the purple cap. I'll let that go and see what happens.

I'm going to frag the hammer that's beating on the bubble. I didn't want to touch it because there is a story behind it.

When my first tank crashed while I was recovering from bypass surgery six years ago, a single polyp that bailed out from my first hammer survived. It drifted around the sand for a few years. When I setup the 55 two and a half years ago, I mounted the piece of rubble it had attached to. As the tanks matured, it recovered and is now about 8 full heads. It has the nastiest sweepers of all my LPS. It leaves the other hammers and the frogspawn alone, but is merciless on everything else.