• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Big Tank

I've used it on my tanks and etched it and cycled it in a vat beforehand. Phosphate increased but I just knocked it back with lanthium chloride and water changes. It was fine by the time I put it in my tank.

Haven't used lanthium chloride. I just soak it for a while and do water changes.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
No the phosphate will bind to it and precipitate out and it can end up sticking to the rock. I took a fine micro filter sock and hung it on the side of the container. I hooked up a powerhead to some tubing to run water through the sock. I then slowly dripped the lathium chloride into the sock and it filtered out the precipitate. Need to change the socks every day or two. Lathium chloride is sold a a clraify at pool stores under the name Seaclear. Some use this technique in the tanks instead of gfo.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Dude! Can that be any more functional, streamlined, or beautiful?
I'm planning to have a vasectomy in the next few months.
If you're available to consult with the doc I'd appreciate it.