• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My New 270g Baby coming soon

Just wanted to start a thread on my upgrade. I should be receiving my new 270g tank next week. I order it from aquarium obsession 72*36*24 sapphire front and sides. will be using my current equipment. building my own stand. I will post pics as i go.

twinreef said:
Just wanted to start a thread on my upgrade. I should be receiving my new 270g tank next week. I order it from aquarium obsession 72*36*24 sapphire front and sides. will be using my current equipment. building my own stand. I will post pics as i go.

NICE! Knowing you the pictures of this will be great.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congrats Jorge. I'm looking forward to following your progress. Have you worked out the details of your plan to switch over?

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Can I ask you how much you payed I'm in the market for a tank about that size myself. If you could PM a ball park number that would be cool.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I can't wait to watch the progression. Also interested in the planned change over. The starfire should make your already amazing pictures jump right off of the page! Good luck with it!

hey twinreef---a 270 gal tank!!!! man, that sounds awesome----
BIGGER is better!!!
good luck, cant wait to see your progress
steve

Today, January 3, 2008, the coldest day in NYC, my tank arrived. Thank You Dave for coming thru. For right now it standing upright on a two dollies in the kitchen. I will built the stand and hood in a couple of weeks.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jorge, let us know if you need a hand with anything.
Is that your brother in the pic?

NapoliNewJersey said:
Really Nice!!!

Thanks

mikem said:
Jorge, let us know if you need a hand with anything.
Is that your brother in the pic?

Thanks Mike, I was going to pm you but AO didn't notify that the tank was shipped. I found out yesterday from fedex freight that the tank was coming today. It caught me off guard thats why i don't have anything ready for. I am lousy on planning things. I work better under pressure. I will defenitly call when i need to move the tank on to the stand
One question do you know where i can have a steel stand built at a reasonable price?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Billyr on hear got one build for a good price. Don't know from who, but I'll try and get some info for you.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Beautiful! Good luck with it, Jorge. I can't wait to see this progress.

thanks guys.

Steve I'll let you know when I need to move the tank on to the stand. I'll house them and not even charge you rent.;D