• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My New 270g Baby coming soon

That's really very nice, just the skimmer doesn't match ;D. I love your macro pictures, what camera and lenses are you using?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jorge, I see you've got a lot of corals in the sand. How do you keep the sand off of them with the tunzes blowing around the tank? With a sandy bottom, I can't really keep much on the sand without it getting covered.

Evik said:
That's really very nice, just the skimmer doesn't match ;D. I love your macro pictures, what camera and lenses are you using?

Thanks. I use a Canon 1DMK2 with a Sigma 150mm 2.8 macro lens.

Phyl said:
Jorge, I see you've got a lot of corals in the sand. How do you keep the sand off of them with the tunzes blowing around the tank? With a sandy bottom, I can't really keep much on the sand without it getting covered.

I use Seaflor Special Grade Reef Sand. This the description on foster and smith website.
"This mixed-grade aragonite substrate is perfectly suited as a reef tank bottom cover or for use with nitrate-reducing systems. The addition of small shells makes it ideal for aquariums with mature jawfish or burrowing invertebrates. 1 to 1.7 mm grain."
I still get some movement of the sand, it's mostly at sides of the tank.

steve68 said:
That sand looks like it might be a heavy grain type.
i could be wrong.

Your correct.

some of the frags I got yesterday.

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

Jorge, I'm curious. What's your SPS treatment before putting them in your main tank.

Dipping? QTing? or nothing at all?

Also you have a PM on reef2reef. Monday would be perfect.

Johan said:
nice looking fras...

Thanks.

MikeNapoli said:
Jorge, I'm curious. What's your SPS treatment before putting them in your main tank.

Dipping? QTing? or nothing at all?

Also you have a PM on reef2reef. Monday would be perfect.

I give them a dip with iodine, not to strong. Then I look and see if I see anything.
I was in Washington and Maryland this weekend. It seems that my scheduling sucks. I apologize. Is there another day of this week I can go down there?

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

twinreef said:
I was in Washington and Maryland this weekend. It seems that my scheduling sucks. I apologize. Is there another day of this week I can go down there?

No problem .. any monday is fine. I live around the corner from them so just let me know when you're coming down and i'll be there. To be honest I forgot myself that we were meeting.

I like the aquascape..... Are the rocks glued together or just stacked up on top of each other? Pictures are awesome as well.

JRWOHLER said:
What great pictures. I mean the corals are nice too. ;)

Thanks. I like the corals too.

ricwilli said:
I like the aquascape..... Are the rocks glued together or just stacked up on top of each other? Pictures are awesome as well.

Thanks. There are stacked no glue used. Hopefully I won't have a rock slide.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Holy Smokes! You have FISH! ;D

Nice pics as always Jorge. It looks like things are settling in nicely. I hope the ankle is doing better.

JohnS_323 said:
Holy Smokes! You have FISH! ;D

Nice pics as always Jorge. It looks like things are settling in nicely. I hope the ankle is doing better.

Thanks. yes the ankle is much better.

MikeNapoli said:
George, what do you use to attach the corals to the rocks? Looks like just glue but how do you put in on underwater?

ic-gel glue. I put it on the frag then put the frag in the water. The glue is very thick so it doesn't run all over the place like regular crazy glue.