• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My newest tank

Hey thats how i started it look like nothing but with in time it will look good patience thats all it takes good luck keep us updated.

btw it looks good

Ralph

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Ralph. You going to the meeting on Saturday? If so I still have those zoa frags you wanted.

I think I did this one the right way, only time will tell. I think I need a few more corals to take up some space though.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just updated the photo album with some pics from tonight. Here's a few though.

My RBTA from RichT
newtank018.jpg

FTS
newtank017.jpg

looking good Matt... That fish in the last pic is the one I want to get for my 120 let me know how he does in your tank, I heard they can be pickers like dwarf angle fish.....

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Tom. I have had the Hennie for about 6 months now with no trouble. Of course all I have are softies as of yet, but he has never picked at anything.

Be sure to get the right one though, you want the schooling bannerfish (heniochus diphreutes) not the longfin bannerfish (heniochus acuminatus). They look very similar but the longfin is not reef safe.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Lacey Pets in Forked River. Haven't seen any there since though. I will keep an eye out if you want.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks good Matt! Good Luck with it! Is it going to be all softies or a mixed tank?

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Brian. It's nothing compared to your's though.

I am planning a mixed reef but we'll see how it goes.

I think I am going to build the center up a little more with LR so I can keep some SPS in the upper part of the tank.

Definitely have to leave some real estate for clams though.

Welcome to the 70 club Matt! Looks good.

If you want to fill it up really fast I have some Kenya tree buds, anthelia and gsp's you can have! ;D

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Bill. Glad to finally be a member of the club.

I'll have to pass on the frag offers if that's all you got to get rid of. :D

As you can see from the pic, I have my own kenya already and the darn thing is already starting to drop babies in the new tank. I must have thrown at least 15-20 away when I moved it from the old tank.

GSP I have in one of the other tanks that I can frag if I get the need to pollute 2 tanks with them.

The anthelia I may think about though. Have to see what I can find at the meeting this weekend first though.

panmanmatt said:
Thanks Bill. Glad to finally be a member of the club.

I'll have to pass on the frag offers if that's all you got to get rid of. :D

The offer was made tonque in cheek! Although I love my weeds!

Things are going well with the corals in my 75 lps tank. I should be in the fraggin' business by the spring. All my euphyilias are starting to split for the first time. I've got some mad growth with my candycanes and the acans and blasto's a growing slowly, but surely!

I even have a few SPS with some growth, but don't tell Merv! ;D

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Was playing with the camera tonight and got a few more shots of the tank.

newtank043.jpg

newtank041.jpg

newtank025.jpg

newtank024.jpg

More can be found at the link in the first post. I updated my Photobucket page.

Hope you enjoy.

Looks good Matt!

Are you coming up for the next meeting?

I have a cable tie on the colt frag-to-be and I'll try to have that and the Kenya tree colony ready by then.

If not, they'll be ready anyway and maybe I'll head south. I haven't seen ILC yet.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Bill. I'm not sure if I'll make the next meeting or not. I have to make it through this weekend first.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Coming along nicely Matt!

How about a new full tank shot?

Don't worry, you'll make it through this weekend and be ready for the meeting.. I know it! :D

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Newest fish addition.
newtank090.jpg

Most recent fts. I think it's coming along nicely. One more fish and a few more corals and I should be good to go.
newtank086.jpg