• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My newest tank

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am cleaning the glass every night. Seems that the green coraline is going nuts. I hope it gets some purple going soon. I

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks John. That's a tomini tang. I needed something that stayed fairly small and loved to eat algae, he fits the bill nicely.

BTW, I tried the MJ mod in this tank and man did it make a mess. I even tried it on a MJ 400 with the brown prop and it still moved a ton of water. I am going to try a smaller prop like the ones they are selling for the low flow kits. I'll let you know how it goes.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
panmanmatt said:
BTW, I tried the MJ mod in this tank and man did it make a mess. I even tried it on a MJ 400 with the brown prop and it still moved a ton of water. I am going to try a smaller prop like the ones they are selling for the low flow kits. I'll let you know how it goes.

No kidding! It's pretty wild how much water those things move! I was definitely caught off-guard by it. Good luck.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just thought I'd update this with some recent pics. Just took these tonight.

newtank100.jpg

newtank102.jpg

newtank103.jpg

newtank104.jpg

newtank105.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It looks great Matt. It's really filling in nicely.

ps. I like your use of "product placement" in the upper right corner of the FTS!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks John. I hope things continue to fill out more. I couldn'e believe the growth until I looked back at the January pics.

Even the "sticks" I got at Billy's meeting last week have great PE already. It's the longest I've ever kept any SPS in the tank.

Gotta plug a good thing everytime you can.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mott768 said:
Looks great Matt!!! I See your getting the same growth I get under my T5's ;D

I can't believe the growth I'm getting with the T5's. Much more than I ever got with the halides. It was definitely worth the investment.

BTW, that's your ridge frag in the middle of the second pic between the 2 leathers.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Tripsie.

Jazz, I don't regret switching from MH to T5's one bit. Took a little while getting used to the new look but well worth it in my opinion.

RichTCheesy said:
Hey Matt, what's that orange thing stuck on the glass? ;)

Just some piece of plastic I got from a guy in the club.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The tank looks great Matt!!

Glad to see you are having success with the T-5's. I just switched my 90 over to them. I don't have all the bulbs I need yet, but it's a work in progress.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Brian. Which bulbs are you going to use? I run 4x39w on the tank.

Front to back the bulbs are:

Geissman Actinic+
GE 6500K Daylight
Current USA 10,000K Daylight
Geissman Actinic+

The 6500K bulb has the highest PAR of all the T5's. So iff you want some penetration to your lights, add at least 1 of them to the mix.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm using the UV Lighting bulbs right now (54w Actinic and Actinic White.)

I plan on adding atleast 2 more to the setup, I'll be sure to get one @ 6500k. Thanks for the tip!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just got a few new pieces in the tank so thought I'd update the thread.

newtank108.jpg

newtank107.jpg

newtank106.jpg

And a recent FTS
newtank110.jpg