• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New tank

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Talked to advanced acrylics yesterday and they said they are shipping next Thursday (they had a problem with shipping company and had to switch to another).

Hans, John from advanced acrylics is notorious for delays. If he is starting to make excuses now, (his favorite is shipping issues) you better stay on top of him. He does incredible work and has built several tanks for me, but when it comes time to deliver the final product he can sometimes take forever. I have used him several times and have spoken with him often and had good experiences so let me know if you need me to make a call if he continues to delay you.

Hans, John from advanced acrylics is notorious for delays. If he is starting to make excuses now, (his favorite is shipping issues) you better stay on top of him. He does incredible work and has built several tanks for me, but when it comes time to deliver the final product he can sometimes take forever. I have used him several times and have spoken with him often and had good experiences so let me know if you need me to make a call if he continues to delay you.

+1 on shipping delays. He built a sump for me and got the same excuse about having to change shippers. There are numerous threads on RC about him using this excuse but in the end he does really nice work.

Aghhhh that is not really what I wanted to hear lol. He said he would call by end of the week just to verify everything is how I want it. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow afternoon I will call him again. It is always frustrating when company does really good work but is lax on doing it on time.

Darren that you for the offer to call him, hopefully I won't have to take you up on that offer. But with that being said I do want to get this thing set up and cycling. Really don't like having all my equipment sitting around and canopy sitting on back porch lol.

tank update. Received voicemail from them yesterday (Tuesday) while I was at work. They apologized for delay and said they were shipping out tank today (Wednesday). Also they said for the delay in shipping that they upgraded front panel to an inch thick, from 3/4. Not sure how long it takes to ship from California to PA, but hopefully this time next week I will be working on the plumbing.

It was nice meeting you at the swap. I didn't make the connection between you and to this thread until your last post. Let me know if you need help with moving our setting up. I live close by.

Will do. And thank you again for the esv and the offer. Check out my Facebook page I shared the link from Advanced acrylics pictures of sump and tank

That sump is a beast! I hated waiting for C2C to build my tank. it was like a kid counting down the days till Christmas!

How do you like the apex auto feeder? It is on my list of things to order.

I actually never hooked them up yet. I also have a lab grade ph probe that I haven't set up yet either. I will say I am looking forward to the automatic feeder. I work on call so it will make feeding a lot easier.

tank update. Received voicemail from them yesterday (Tuesday) while I was at work. They apologized for delay and said they were shipping out tank today (Wednesday). Also they said for the delay in shipping that they upgraded front panel to an inch thick, from 3/4. Not sure how long it takes to ship from California to PA, but hopefully this time next week I will be working on the plumbing.

have they provided you with tracking info yet?

No. They ship to a delivery company and they call to schedule delivery. They did put pictures on their facebook page and I shared them on mine

So after a half a week of trying to explain what a wire harness is to employee(s) at one of my LFS, the owner was in today and got it for me in about 2 minutes. After dealing with his employee (manager) I can understand his frustration with trying to find good help.

With that said T5's retro fit should be done tomorrow and ready for testing.
And hopefully I will get a call from freight company to schedule a delivery date.

Well I got the phone call today (actually wife did I was at work). Tank should be here between 8-1. Super excited. Going to hang canopy tonight and try to prep as much as I can.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Nice! Best of luck getting everything set up. Can't wait to see it all come together

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Hopefully the plumbing gets done this weekend (jay verna is coming to help). Ordered sand today got most of the bulk heads (need 4 more 3/4).
I'll keep everyone posted