• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New to this

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The container should be glass to withstand constant stirring . a glass juice container Maybee.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I use the avast marine (the bigger one) stirrer, and their peristaltic pump. I have it dump directly into an overflow from a frag tank, it keeps everything from getting messy.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
For those that use them, do you find that unwanted kalk particulates get into your display tank from the constant stirring?

I ask only cuz as a kalk user, I know there is a sweet spot and that's in the middle....once the solution has had time to settle out.

For those that use them, do you find that unwanted kalk particulates get into your display tank from the constant stirring?

I ask only cuz as a kalk user, I know there is a sweet spot and that's in the middle....once the solution has had time to settle out.
Thanks for the input Marcus. I’ll be looking for the response on this as I am looking for any and all info on kalk.

DangerDave

NJRC Member

This hasn’t happened to me. The undissolved Kalk sits at the bottom, waiting to dissolve when the new RO water enters. Just in case (and to keep it from getting messy), I have the kalkwasser going into a frag tank overflow box. Any that ever made it out of the stirrer would be dissolved by the time it hit the sump. I put kalk powder directly into the overflow to verify.

After months of watching our blue and red acan looking nice and getting larger (very slowly) it finally is producing babies. The other acans have put out a baby over a month ago but this one was behind. Well it caught up in spades. Can’t see them all in the pic but I can see ten new heads and I can’t see the very back YAY!!!
1570581390945.jpeg