• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New to this

Along with the main tank we also have what is mostly a softie tank. Having no wrasse in it to help control the pest population in it, Last night I decided to print a worm trap. And I’ll be darned if the bugger didn’t work. If anyone needs one just let me know. (Of course Free).
5A67B844-AE95-4972-8730-BCDDBD6046BA.jpeg73D467F2-BFD3-4FF9-9379-15D9020193AA.jpeg

It’s ju
Cool! How does it work? Is there a lid so they can't get out?
st a round plastic box with a few cone shaped holes. You put some rubble in it so it dosent float and a piece of shrimp as bait At night they crawl in. In the morning just take the box out. Pop open the lid and walls. Worms gone

Just took a few minutes to read thru this entire thread. Thanks for taking the time to document your tank and system, everything looks great BTW

. I really need to get my tale of the tank going . maybe tomorrow when bored at home .

Just took a few minutes to read thru this entire thread. Thanks for taking the time to document your tank and system, everything looks great BTW

. I really need to get my tale of the tank going . maybe tomorrow when bored at home .
Thank you I appreciate the kind words and look forward to seeing your build.

So I have been fooling around with one of those 3D printers lately. And one of the things I printed up was a bristle worm trap. Simple little device. You put some rubble in it and a piece of shrimp. Shrimp works well because it’s tuff and doesn’t melt away overnight and they can’t carry it away. Well it worked just fine. Below are some pics of what I caught. Over night. So I’d give it two thumbs up. Also a pic or two of the the16087C38-9F11-4621-9B86-534F74494D57.jpeg01AFD0F2-5233-4EE1-8F67-77FB2DC80EEE.jpegC470AE7E-E048-44EB-B135-7CF4ED79A945.jpegC72A765B-0033-46DA-BCD0-CE221CC56C47.jpeg

For those who don’t know this is a pic of the original SPONGE. my name sake. He was a Great family member and wonderful dog that everyone who met him couldn’t believe how gentle an enormous animal can be. He was a true teddy bear. Just came across some photos and so was thinking about him and figured I should share the pic since I am using his name :) 77475E15-25F2-4DEF-93F4-8BADC5746839.png

Monties are really doing well. As they were given to me. So shall they be given to someone else in need of a piece. They took a long time to settle in and get happy. But now that they are. They are doing very well.

This wonderful pair of clowns have recently gotten into the habit of digging up lots of substrate and distributing it to there liking. Apparently they like a hard bottom under them. Do you think it would be ok if I put a piece of travertine tile under them to give them a hard surface and perhaps negate some of the sand movement
BA63DC7B-F58A-4C06-9B7D-A421E8074E39.jpeg

Figured I’d take a break from all this reefing. And do a little barbecuing..... let’s see, what did I do with that new sauce?
941FBA43-2060-4079-999A-16C4DB969C38.jpeg

Reactions: DEL