• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

North Jersey Get together/ meet

horseplay

NJRC Member
I have a guy came today picked up the hogfish and some corals and had a lively chat for 1 hour. I guess we all need to get together and talk corals!

The club has done grow out contest before we should do that. It's fun. I am happy to donate some palys or zoas frags for this.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I have a guy came today picked up the hogfish and some corals and had a lively chat for 1 hour. I guess we all need to get together and talk corals!

The club has done grow out contest before we should do that. It's fun. I am happy to donate some palys or zoas frags for this.
Loving the love! Let's do this- it's been a very long year and a half

Shawn2122

NJRC Member
A lot of us were talking at the last meet and it seems that the club has lost some interest due to a lot of red tape. I think if we set up a frag swap at a neutral; site with tables, raffle giveaways, etc a lot more people would start to attend. We also discussed the idea of starting in January setting up a calendar for the entire year with an event each month[throughout the state] so that everyone would know the dates and locations well ahead of time.

Just some thoughts...

A lot of us were talking at the last meet and it seems that the club has lost some interest due to a lot of red tape. I think if we set up a frag swap at a neutral; site with tables, raffle giveaways, etc a lot more people would start to attend. We also discussed the idea of starting in January setting up a calendar for the entire year with an event each month[throughout the state] so that everyone would know the dates and locations well ahead of time.

Just some thoughts...
Good idea!

momof6kids

NJRC Member
We are still open to having the meeting at our house. (Bridgewater) I will talk to Doug tonight and see if we can find an open date in September.

Shawn2122 said:
"A lot of us were talking at the last meet and it seems that the club has lost some interest due to a lot of red tape. I think if we set up a frag swap at a neutral; site with tables, raffle giveaways, etc a lot more people would start to attend. We also discussed the idea of starting in January setting up a calendar for the entire year with an event each month[throughout the state] so that everyone would know the dates and locations well ahead of time."

Back in the day that is what we did. We had a year and would try to alternate North/Central/South. People could choose to go to any or all. We also would have different things happening at the meeting. For example, one of the meetings we drilled tanks and learned how to do that. We built DIY calcium reactors. Those who wanted to make them would pay toward the materials. Everyone else watched us build them. We always had a raffle, and frag swap. Lots of fun and learned a lot in the process.

We are still open to having the meeting at our house. (Bridgewater) I will talk to Doug tonight and see if we can find an open date in September.

Shawn2122 said:
"A lot of us were talking at the last meet and it seems that the club has lost some interest due to a lot of red tape. I think if we set up a frag swap at a neutral; site with tables, raffle giveaways, etc a lot more people would start to attend. We also discussed the idea of starting in January setting up a calendar for the entire year with an event each month[throughout the state] so that everyone would know the dates and locations well ahead of time."

Back in the day that is what we did. We had a year and would try to alternate North/Central/South. People could choose to go to any or all. We also would have different things happening at the meeting. For example, one of the meetings we drilled tanks and learned how to do that. We built DIY calcium reactors. Those who wanted to make them would pay toward the materials. Everyone else watched us build them. We always had a raffle, and frag swap. Lots of fun and learned a lot in the process.
Thanks for sharing! Please keep us posted :)

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Sorry, we were away on vacation in Florida. Enjoyed lots of beautiful, sunny weather while you guys up here were getting slammed. Very thankful that we only lost power for a ;little while, got a little water in the basement, about 5 inches in the garage. I lost some of my corals, but overall, way better than past hurricanes. Our neighbor, who was watching our animals had 2-3 feet of sewage backing up into her basement. The neighbor next to her had the same thing happen. They both lost their hot water heaters, washers and dryers, and possibly both furnaces. They both have fans on their furnaces and are hoping they dry out. :( So, it could have been a lot worse.

Can't believe how fast this summer has gone. Is anyone available on September 18th (or should I look at dates a little more in the future) to come over for a get together?

Sorry, we were away on vacation in Florida. Enjoyed lots of beautiful, sunny weather while you guys up here were getting slammed. Very thankful that we only lost power for a ;little while, got a little water in the basement, about 5 inches in the garage. I lost some of my corals, but overall, way better than past hurricanes. Our neighbor, who was watching our animals had 2-3 feet of sewage backing up into her basement. The neighbor next to her had the same thing happen. They both lost their hot water heaters, washers and dryers, and possibly both furnaces. They both have fans on their furnaces and are hoping they dry out. :( So, it could have been a lot worse.

Can't believe how fast this summer has gone. Is anyone available on September 18th (or should I look at dates a little more in the future) to come over for a get together?
I’m available at 6:30 ish the earliest, I could stop by then. ‍♂️

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member

Create a new post with a poll. This way you can get a head count easier.