• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

screen netting

I am planning a DIY mesh top for my 220. I'm going to get the hardware from HD and get the netting off of Amazon. Has anyone purchased just the netting? Good? Bad? Recommendations would be appreciated.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Mark_C gave me the netting which has 1/4 inch squares. I too picked up the frame and tools from Homedepot.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Just make sure the parts are waterproof.

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
There aluminum so they aren’t waterproof but they are what is used. There what you get when you order a kit online. I’d split it into two half’s on that size tank.

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Flatten out the netting and let it sit at room temperature for a day and then heat it gently with a hair dryer to ensure it lays flat. It's much easier to work with that way. Also, buy the clear and not the black.

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I just buy the IM or Red Sea DIY kits off of BRS, it’s a few bucks more but everything comes in the box and it’s a ease to assemble.