• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Started my 180 build.

I picked up a 180 RR AGA from another member here. Got it all cleaned up and started filling it yesterday. My list of equipment so far:

acrylic 65g long from glasscages for sump refugium.
ASM G4-X, 2 - Korlia 3's, 2 - Korlia 4's, 2 - mag 9.5's for returns, reefkeeper 2 controller, 500w heater, 250w backup heater, 72" Solaris G-series light, 100w 6500k bulb for refugium light, 2 - phosban reactors with mini-jet 606's 1 for carbon 1 for phosban.

Progress:
DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0192a.jpg

DSC_0196a.jpg

DSC_0205a.jpg

DSC_0206a.jpg

Hi

Everything looks great...Thanks for sharing...I am looking foward to following your progress...Interesting choice of a Solaris unit for lighting as I was impressed with the few I've seen in operation.

Dom

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That really looks great. You did a nice job of cleaning it up and putting together a very neat looking system. I too am looking forward to following your progress. Keep the pics coming!

If I am following this correctly you sure got a lot done fast! Good work!

you also cleaned that up nice! Looks like a new tank.

I had a 5 day weekend, that helped alot. I also ran 2 dedicated 20 amp lines for this system. Filling it with RO/DI water seems to be taking longer than any of the other projects.

wow looks fantastic. I wish I could have gotten a 210/180 sized tank...but my budget and (better half) thought it might be too much of a jump for me.

Keep us posted. I'm probably going to be tagging along since I need as many tips as possible when I finally upgrade my tank.

Picked up a 150 lbs LR from a feelow reefer breaking down his tank. Then added the 100 lbs I had in my 65, plus all new sand. Then transfered the fish and corals. The rock I picked up was loaded with shrooms and zoos and kenya trees.

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg