• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Started my 180 build.

Saw this guy on Divers Den and couldn't resist. Ocellaris needed a larger home.

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0193a.jpg

I don't know what kind of zoo's they are. I bought some of my live rock from Danny in Piscataway and it had all kinds of zoos, shrooms, and monti's and a horn coral on it.

It is a Sebae (heractis crispa) about 12" - 14" across.

Sorry to ask this - but the anthias - did you trade them in? I noticed they are no longer in the later pics.

Love the anemone...really nice.

No, unfortunately I had a flatworm problem and 4 of the 5 antias didn't survive the treatment. I noticed a few flatworms again yesterday, I'll be getting a yellow coris wrasse to try to keep them under control. I don't think I'll be using flatworm exit again.

sorry to hear that. I have used Fexit but only as a "dip" for corals prior to introduction into the main display. That and Lugols seems to help a lot.

Lesson learned. Nothing goes in without a dip. Too late for me though, I don't think I'll ever completely get rid of them.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Manual removal will help a lot with getting rid of them. A secret to removing them is to make the tank totally dark either by covering the glass with dark paper or doing this with the lights out and room totally dark.

If covering with paper, cut out a small section, say 4x4 inches from the paper to allow just that small are to get light, the flatworms will be attracted to the light and you can siphon them out with a piece of air line tubing.

If you chose the lights out option, put a small flashlight against the glass and they will be attracted there where you can siphon them out. You may have to do it a couple times, but this will remove the bulk of them.
You can also use a turkey baster or air line tubing to suck them off the glass/rocks when you see them

i think a cheesecloth or similar material can help grab them (cover it on the end that is in the bucket... - this way you can re-use the water - not sure if that makes sense without a pic. I think I saw melev do this once...

Well the tank is 5 months old. I looked back at a few pics, what a difference, especially under the tank.

DSC_0205a.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

And in the tank as well.

fulltankshot.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

really nice.

how do you like the pinpoint controllers? Still ramping up my 120 and trying to figure out what equipment is "required/nice to have". Thanks!

Nice setup sgarron. I see that you didn't cover the bottom of the stand. Is there a reason for not doing so? Aren't you worried that your floor might get damaged?

I did that to get as much height in the stand as I could without going over 36" on the finished height. BIG mistake. Floor is all warped under and around the tank. My wife's not too happy about that. Then again she wants to tile the living room where the tank is and the dining room.