• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tale of the Tank - 215 Gallon In-Wall

I was at Dans place the other day and his setup up is BEAUTIFUL. He really put alot of thought into it to make it a clean setup. Hey Dan, what about pics of the sump room an that nice skimmer of yours.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
OK folks, here are some updated pics:

tank007.jpg

tank003.jpg

USpics--2008016.jpg

USpics--2008017.jpg

USpics--2008018.jpg

USpics--2008021.jpg

tank006.jpg

tank005.jpg

tank004.jpg

tank001.jpg

tank002.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

and here is a picture of my latest frag. Her name is Naira and she is 7 weeks old:

IMG_3343.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
7 weeks already?! Oh my goodness! How precious! Congratulations on the beautiful little girl!

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
The last couple of days, the RBTA has settled in a spot which is on the back side of the rocks and is not visible from the front or side. Hopefully it will move again to a better spot in the tank.

malulu

NJRC Member
it doesn't like strong current...
may be set a small power head to blow at it to force it to move?? and hopefully not stinging your SPS...
;)

danthemanj said:
The last couple of days, the RBTA has settled in a spot which is on the back side of the rocks and is not visible from the front or side. Hopefully it will move again to a better spot in the tank.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
The RBTA has moved again and this time has settled just off-center of the tank and isn't touching any coral. It doesn't have too much flow there and I'm feeding it in this position. It has been there for about 4 days now so hopefully it will stay put. Will post pics soon.

on the two top returns...
What are the new tips or ends on them??
Are the enductors?? How every you spell it!
are reducers??
Beautiful tank by the way!
Wanna see pics of the sump fuge room!!!!

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Yes those are 1" penductors. I have about about 2000 GPH flowing into the 2 of them and if they even tripled the water volume (they are supposed to increase the volume by about 5x), I have about 6000 GPH flowing through them, in addition to the 5000+ GPH from the closed loop. I'm also looking at adding 2 vortechs to the tank to take the total water movement to about 17000 GPH.

danthemanj said:
Yes those are 1" penductors. I have about about 2000 GPH flowing into the 2 of them and if they even tripled the water volume (they are supposed to increase the volume by about 5x), I have about 6000 GPH flowing through them, in addition to the 5000+ GPH from the closed loop. I'm also looking at adding 2 vortechs to the tank to take the total water movement to about 17000 GPH.

That sure is allot of flow. I wounder how much flow can a tank witstand before it .......... (don't really want to say it)?

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
tbone212371 said:
Wow thats a lot of flow!
Where did you purchase them?
Or did you make them yourself?

I purchased the Penductors from Champion Lighting in PA. The important thing with penductors is to have a decent amount of flow going through them for them to really work effectively.

I researched the pricing on them and did a lot of research on eductors!
So I'm in the process of making my own!
They are very cheap to make about 3- 5 bucks each and only takes about 15 min. each to make! Versus the market value of commercial ones!!
Tank looks great though!!!

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Here are a few quick pics. I will post detailed pictures in a few days. I'm looking at adding additional lighting (Actinics) and increasing the flow (Vortecs) and of course adding more livestock. NJRC frag swap, watch out :)

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg