• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
If the government wasn't involved, there would be plenty of vaccines. One would use insurance and then pay out of pocket. Manufactures could dedicate another area of the plant to produce more for the demand. But if the government will only pay the manufacturers, let's say $10 per vaccine, there isn't enough profit to the manufacture.
I'm thinking Of making it myself by mixing Prizapro, coper sulfate, Hydrogen Sulfide, Chemi Clean and granulated carbon. Put that in a blender with 2 ounces of Grey Goose Vodka. Inject it while You are watching the TV, which is off.

Paul B

NJRC Member
I still can't get my wife a Covid shot and this staying up all night is getting old. :confused:
There are so many people trying, all Geezers that the web sites just crash and freeze.
It's frustrating. :oops:

I even have my Son N Law trying because it works better the younger you are.
I can't decide if I will keep my tank going or take it down after it's 50th birthday in a few weeks. That was always my goal. Now at my age and my wife's age and condition, I have more important things to care about.

I worry if I get sick my wife can't live alone for even a day so I am planning on what to do in such a case. Not that I think I am croaking or anything but I doubt I am immune like my tank. :rolleyes:

I try to keep myself like my tank, plenty of exercise, fresh sea food and a lot of hiding places. :)

I still can't get my wife a Covid shot and this staying up all night is getting old. :confused:
There are so many people trying, all Geezers that the web sites just crash and freeze.

I can't decide if I will keep my tank going or take it down after it's 50th birthday in a few weeks. That was always my goal. Now at my age and my wife's age and condition, I have more important things to care about.

I worry if I get sick my wife can't live alone for even a day so I am planning on what to do in such a case. Not that I think I am croaking or anything but I doubt I am immune like my tank. :rolleyes:

I try to keep myself like my tank, plenty of exercise, fresh sea food and a lot of hiding places. :)
I'd keep it going if I were you. :devilish: :thumbsup:

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
It woild be sad to see it go but family is always first.
Maybe the long Island aquarium could take it and keep it going as is if that becomes your decision.

You still got years to worry about your tank,, but totally understand the importance of taking care of your wife,, I’m always there to help you out with moving stuff around my brother, not really that far a ride,, much love and respect

Just found out my clam is going to outlive me.

The Squamosa Clam can be a good choice for a beginning saltwater aquarist with a good sized tank. It's a durable clam that usually does well in reef aquariums and will commonly reach about 12" in length. These giant clams can get much larger in the wild, reaching just over 17 1/2," but that takes over 60 to 70 years.

Paul B

NJRC Member
YYYYYYyyyaaaaaaAaaaAAaa I was up all night and I just now, at 8:30 am I got my wife the first shot appointment and it's only about 20 minutes away from our house. I can't believe I got it.

The rollout of this vaccine must have been done by chip monks. Very stupid chip monks. Maybe chip monks with mange or ich.
You go to a site and after jumping through all sorts of hoops, you put in a Zip code and 99% of the time it says "There are no appointments at this time"

But many times, it probably accidentally comes up "18 appoints available in the area you selected"
Then you click on that, pick the day (that they give you) then pick the time (that they give you)

Then you get all excited and it reads NO APPOINTMENTS AT THAT LOCATION.

They you start all over with a different pharmacy. You get the same run around there and you try a state run site.

"State and Run" shouldn't even be a thing because if the state "runs" it, it doesn't run.
Twice they had 2,000 people go to Jones beach in the middle of winter which is like a 50 mile long beach with the waves crashing near your car. Those people got there....... and ......and...they cancelled it. No explanation, just go home, nothing to see here.

State run sites were probably developed by people who believe in quarantining with medication :rolleyes: .

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Glad to hear,
Maybe the secret vaccine is in your tank water,you should invite a super model over let her sneeze into the tank. Monitor your livestock for 10 days if all good start selling shots of tank water.. This process is probably the same that big-pharma did...

Paul B

NJRC Member
That would probably work because as you know, my tank has been immune from Covid, ich, velvet, intestinal worms and all these other silly things people seem to have in their fish. Maybe my tank water would make a good vaccine and I wouldn't make you wait to get it like state run sites.

I am going to start calling Supermodels now.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Today I picked up a little long nose butterfly and a smallish filefish from two different LFSs
The filefish immediately went in the back so i can't get a picture of him. I was a little concerned if my Copperband would get along with the slightly smaller long nose but so far they seem like best friends.

Both fish were cheap. Of course before I put them in my tank, I fresh water dipped them in a bucket with tree stump remover, Prizapro, Peroxide and hydrogen sulfide. I kept them in there for 74 days then gently rubbed them with "Brillo" to make sure they didn't have any flukes or flounders, then I added a bit of Milk of Magnesia in case they were constipated or had intestinal worms or if their intestinal worms were constipated...........NOT

Longnose and Copperband.jpgthumbnail.jpg

Paul B

NJRC Member
I found my new filefish in the back of my tank, he is picking on all the sponges back there but it is dark and I can't get a picture of him. If he comes to the front I will see if I can get him to pose. The long nose ate right away. When he was in the bag in front of my tank he relaxed. He took one look at my tank and started smiling.

I immediately fed him and he ate clams, mysis and live worms.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Old post:

We react to stress much differently than fish do. As an example we can be in prison, hang gliding, dying of parrot fever, or being held in a jungle hut by Amazons or gorilla's and we will still be able to reproduce. It will have no impact on our reproductive functions. (unless they are very ugly gorilla's)

But fish are built differently. Our fish are always under some sort of stress because we keep them confined in most of the time, fake seawater, place them with creatures they have never seen, feed them things they are not used to, circulate water around them in the same exact way every day, light them with totally different lighting spectrums, and in most cases, totally ignore moonlight which controls many fish functions, keep them in very shallow water as all fish come from much deeper water than our tanks, and yes, they know that, which is why we never see tangs, angels or manta rays in 16" of water.

We never take into account that they can see us through the glass but they can't see the glass itself which I am sure drives them crazy due to their lateral lines that prevent them from crashing into things. (I also believe this aspect is what causes HLLE but that is only my opinion) There are three functions of fish that controls their life. Growth, reproduction and immunity. These things all require certain food "and" a certain level of stress or lack of it. (CERTAIN FOOD IS NOT NECESSARILLY SOMETHING THEY WILL EAT)

The first thing that goes is reproduction which is why very few fish in captivity spawn as in the sea, fish are "always" pregnant. The next thing that goes is immunity which is the reason for all the disease threads. Fish in the sea probably never get sick except for the occasional headache. Last it is growth. In a tank almost all fish are stunted. I realize this is a controversial subject but I have kept many tangs and copperband butterflies for many years and virtually none of them ever reached their normal size in the sea which is about 9" for both those fish. My 24 year old fireclown is about 4" long and I am sure in the sea they are double that size. That fish is constantly spawning so I know he is very healthy.

All of my paired fish are spawning so, for some reason, either on purpose or accidently, they are healthy and have a low enough level of stress that allows them to be in that condition. None of them were ever sick and none of them were ever quarantined which is another indication of health and a working immune system.
These are just my opinions as I am not the God of fish.

Paul B

NJRC Member
My 2 new fish are eating well and look like they have been there forever. They made new friends and all get along famously.

Filefish.jpg