• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
I was going to write another book but "War and Peace" was already written and most of that was stolen from me......word for word. :rolleyes:

I got a Covid shot for my wife yesterday at Walgreens but OMG I never seen people work so slow in my life. Her appointment was for 1:00. We got there a little early at 12:30 because we don't exactly live across the street.
There was an older guy there giving someone a shot and we were next. The guy giving the shot gets up and leaves. He didn't say anything to us and there was no one else there.

We are waiting like 20 minutes and I see someone working there so I asked her whats up?

She told me "He went to lunch". He didn't see me standing 3' from him for half an hour and he couldn't tell us he was going to lunch. I thought maybe he went outside to sell his car or start a flash mob while singing the theme song from Dr. Zhivago.

Then he came back and it was about 1:15 so he is 15 minutes late. Maybe he had a little gas and wanted to digest.
I watched him and I never saw anyone move so slow. He finally started to fill the needle at 2:00.
At 2:15 he finished filling the needle. Maybe you have to fill it one drop at a time.

Then he started carrying the needle towards us, closer,,,,closer,,,,one step at a time,,,Then he turned around and went back behind the counter.
Maybe he got an offer on his car.....

At 2:30 he slowly, and I mean slowly started to walk back. This time I walked next to him in case he fell.

He sat down and asked my wife some questions like her birthday which was on the form in his hand that I filled out last week.

He lifted the needle and aimed it at my wife's arm and,,,and,,,My wife asks him a question. I said NNNNNnnnnnnoooooooo. Forget that. Just give her the shot..........

He wants to answer the question.
3:15 we were on our way home so it only took about 3 hours for a 15 second shot. You younger people will be in the 75 year old range when they get around to giving you the shot.

I was going to write another book but "War and Peace" was already written and most of that was stolen from me......word for word. :rolleyes:

I got a Covid shot for my wife yesterday at Walgreens but OMG I never seen people work so slow in my life. Her appointment was for 1:00. We got there a little early at 12:30 because we don't exactly live across the street.
There was an older guy there giving someone a shot and we were next. The guy giving the shot gets up and leaves. He didn't say anything to us and there was no one else there.

We are waiting like 20 minutes and I see someone working there so I asked her whats up?

She told me "He went to lunch". He didn't see me standing 3' from him for half an hour and he couldn't tell us he was going to lunch. I thought maybe he went outside to sell his car or start a flash mob while singing the theme song from Dr. Zhivago.

Then he came back and it was about 1:15 so he is 15 minutes late. Maybe he had a little gas and wanted to digest.
I watched him and I never saw anyone move so slow. He finally started to fill the needle at 2:00.
At 2:15 he finished filling the needle. Maybe you have to fill it one drop at a time.

Then he started carrying the needle towards us, closer,,,,closer,,,,one step at a time,,,Then he turned around and went back behind the counter.
Maybe he got an offer on his car.....

At 2:30 he slowly, and I mean slowly started to walk back. This time I walked next to him in case he fell.

He sat down and asked my wife some questions like her birthday which was on the form in his hand that I filled out last week.

He lifted the needle and aimed it at my wife's arm and,,,and,,,My wife asks him a question. I said NNNNNnnnnnnoooooooo. Forget that. Just give her the shot..........

He wants to answer the question.
3:15 we were on our way home so it only took about 3 hours for a 15 second shot. You younger people will be in the 75 year old range when they get around to giving you the shot.
Only you can make a trip to the pharmacy comical, lol , love reading your post

Paul B

NJRC Member
SPOTS. Oh NNNooooooo,,,, Spots. It's horrible.

No not on my fish, don't be silly my fish are immune. I took my new Jeep to breakfast with my main squeeze and from all the snow there is ice all over my windows and the car is just full of spots. Most of them are salt and I can't just wipe it off because it will scratch and it is to cold to use the hose. :p

The two fish I added last week are fine. The long nose butterfly is best friends with my copperband but the filefish seems to be a loner. He loves picking on the mulm at the sides and back of the tank. :)

Paul feeds his worms cat food. I don't have cats. Worms that escaped Paul's house and live in mine, eat what I eat. rice eggs, pasta even beer. They are much happier here. That is until they meet my fish. There are also some flies, but they all flew away.

20210214_111929.jpg

specially these guys with the big noses, they really love those worms. sorry for the dirty glass

16133200691873733471995497857505.jpg

Paul B

NJRC Member
I can't believe it, just now I saw a gecko goby in my tank. I haven't seen that fish in 6 or 8 months. I may have two of them. I bought two of them about 5 years ago and it is a fish that stays well hidden and I have never seen the entire fish. I only get a very quick flash of a tail when I shoot some worms near his cave in the back of the tank.
They are a beautiful fish, but no one sees them

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning, I hope everybody is safe. Being I am a Geezer I got my second Covid Vaccine shot today and to test it out I went to my Daughters house in Manhattan and licked the subway handrails.

But don't do that. :culpability:

Paul B

NJRC Member
For the last week or two I was a little disappointed because I couldn't find any of my randalls gobi's and one of my Bangai cardinals.
I was just working behind the tank and found them both. They are pregnant and fine. So this week I found my Gecko gobi, 2 randalls gobi's and my bangai cardinal. My tank had a lot of caves and hiding places so it is very hard to find certain types of fish.

For the last week or two I was a little disappointed because I couldn't find any of my randalls gobi's and one of my Bangai cardinals.
I was just working behind the tank and found them both. They are pregnant and fine. So this week I found my Gecko gobi, 2 randalls gobi's and my bangai cardinal. My tank had a lot of caves and hiding places so it is very hard to find certain types of fish.

The variety of fish in your tank is amazing MR.B..,, so many colors love it

Paul B

NJRC Member
I don't know why they can't make these things last longer. I just had to replace the fan on the left. I don't know how long it wasn't working but you can see that it is much cleaner then the one on the right so maybe it never worked.
I have a few of these broken lights so I have a nice supply of fans.

I had to add a new fan but also the wiring to the fan didn't work so I just had to splice the new fan to the old one.
It's not a big deal but shouldn't happen.

064.JPG

Paul B

NJRC Member
Thats exactly correct. Its made in China because everyone wanted cheaper stuff so we abandoned American products for this garbage.
When I was a kid, everything was made in the US. All the TVs, electronics, most of the cars etc. Then Japan started making cheaper knock offs.
Now Japan got like us where they make a decent wage so it is also to expensive to buy Japanese things so China started the same thing.

I never bought from China and still today I won't buy shoes there or a lot of my clothes and none of my tools. Of course it is impossible because Americans go for cheap so now we don't have any more manufacturing in the US and everyone complains that they are out of work.

I have a patent on something and it is made here in the US. It is getting to expensive to make it here. I don't own the company as I gave it away and I just get royalties but by holding the patent, I have say as to where it's made.

The company wants to make in in China so I told them to sell the company and make it anywhere they like. But I won't have my name associated with it.
As for light fixtures, charge me double or three times the price, but give me a choice to buy it made here.

I don't know why they can't make these things last longer. I just had to replace the fan on the left. I don't know how long it wasn't working but you can see that it is much cleaner then the one on the right so maybe it never worked.
I have a few of these broken lights so I have a nice supply of fans.

I had to add a new fan but also the wiring to the fan didn't work so I just had to splice the new fan to the old one.
It's not a big deal but shouldn't happen.

View attachment 35495
Good thing you’re handy and experienced enough to tackle it, this generation just calls the GUY that does it// lol

Paul B

NJRC Member
Hi Paulie, I don't it that so many people can't do this seemingly simple stuff. I can see not being able to do the electronic stuff, but changing a fan is a no brainer.

Paul B

NJRC Member
This post was from 2016 and I decided to put it on here again because I ran out of things to write and I don't feel creative enough to make something up and besides, this is a true story.

So I had an appointment today with a Supermodel from the Veterans Administration. They are seeing if I have PTSD. I don't think so but I went anyway because she is a Supermodel.

She spoke to me for 45 minutes and asked me things from when I was born. I was born on Christmas Day so I probably was not paying much attention to my birth as I wanted to open my presents. Then I grew up, worked, made money, cut cars up with a torch yada yada yada. Got drafted and al that. She asked me what I did in the army before I went to Nam. I told her the Jeep story.

I am sure that story is on here someplace but I am bored now so I will tell it again. If you are bored, don't read this because there are no fish in it.

I was in Colorado, beautiful State but they have a lot of open spaces and the military owns much of it. We were supposed to play war games so this lieutenant says to me, load these two miles of wire on the back of the Jeep and we are going to lay it out to someplace that I never figured out. It was freezing cold and looked like it was going to snow.
Army Jeeps have no roof and army clothes are not very warm. So we drive out in the dark into the wilderness laying out this wire. It starts snowing. In Colorado it could snow 2' in an hour.

An hour later I am covered in 2' of snow in this Jeep and we have no idea where we are. General Patten says to me that he is going to climb on top of this little mountain to see if he sees any lights.
I said, good Idea because we are gonna die.

He leaves and I hear "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
I was a kid from New York so I don't know if that is a wolf, coyote, Bigfoot or a chip monk.
I grab my rifle, the rifle with no bullets and I climb on to the Jeep hood. I held the gun by the barrel waiting for Chip and Dale to attack me.

I hear the Lieutenant coming back. he has a 45, with no bullets and says he has no Idea where we are.
I say, how about this, I will walk in front of the Jeep and pick up the wire as I go so we can either find our way back or die of frostbite and Bigfoot bites.
That's what we did and that's how I came to be here today looking at my fish. :rolleyes:

My next session with the Supermodel we will talk about my time in Nam and maybe I will tell her another story. :D

Old story or new story, doesn’t matter to me, I’m always gonna be reading your post,, never fails to make me laugh and smile,, much love and respect my brother