• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning. Like all mornings I took a walk before dawn. I decided to find a new route being I am surrounded by farms and I was basically a city boy. I walked down the road I always go down. This one past the golf course.

Then I crossed the main road and kept going through a strawberry farm. Actually they grow strawberries then sunflowers, then pumpkins and now there is just icy mud there.

I kept going and found dozens of deer tracks but no deer.

I walked and walked and came upon this.
067.JPG

I know it looks like a telephone pole that fell down but the people who come from farm countries know what it is.

It's a big sprinkler system. Behind the strawberry fields is a sod farm and this thing slowly moves through it while spewing water out to sprinkle the ground. We have a lot of sod farms here.

The sky was a bright crimson color that doesn't show up in this picture. To me it is red because men only see about 4 colors but my wife knows maybe 400 colors and shades including camel color. :rolleyes:

Paul B

NJRC Member
Great morning. :) This morning I did the golf course walk. The course is a hundred yards opposite my front door but I don't play golf. I walk to the far end of it on a road, then came back through the course. I am sure the golf course owners don't want me to do that as it is private property and I don't want to pay the $25.000.00 to join so I go early when they don't see me.

Golf Course.JPG

Paul B

NJRC Member
Hello Diana. She is not to good right now. She has trigeminal neuralga which is called the suicide pain because not to long ago people used to just kill themselves because there was nothing to do for it and it is supposed to be the most painful condition someone can have. MS gives you all sorts of not to nice things.

Luckily yesterday I took her to her pain Mgt Dr. and she gave her two shots into the nerve in her face which calmed it down a bit. We will go again for another couple of shots to try to calm it down more.
With the condition full blown she can't eat, swallow or speak.

Thanks for asking Diana

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good morning. I went out for my morning walk today and it was about 20 degrees below zero. OK, maybe not, but it was cold. The wind was howling like a herd of howler monkeys in Africa when they come across an open truck full of bananas. :excitement:

I treeked across the wilderness (of Long Island NY) And with the wind chills in the double digits and going down by the second, I was tired and hungry. It was dark, very dark, so dark even the bats were afraid to come out. :numbness:

I felt like Lois and Clark.

View attachment 2494462Cold Me.JPG

Birds were dropping out of the sky all around me as they froze solid while flying to Boca Raton in Florida with one or two bathroom stops in Georgia.

I was so hungry I was thinking of eating my dogs. Then I realized, I don't have any dogs and besides, I gave up dog for Lent.

I slowly bent my arm and could hear the ice crack on my sleeve but I managed to take out my phone to see if my GPS could get me back.

The phone slowly came on. A message started to appear. I could barely open my eyes to read it.
The words started to appear:

"Like Seriously!!!!.......Put me back in your pocket" :ohnoes:

I knew immediately my phone would be no help.

Fierce looking animals with bared teeth began to run past me like they were being chased by a rabid Yeti. They were large, noisy and hairy and at first I thought they were caribou or maybe buffalo. On closer inspection I saw that they were squirrels. But I could tell by their beady little eyes that they wished I would fall so the Yeti could get me. :worked_till_5am:

I walked and walked and in the distance I could finally see the sun rise near my warm home.

View attachment 2494466Sunrise at home.JPG

I knew my wife would greet me with open arms and help me remove 4 or 5 layers of clothing.
Then she would hurry over to the stove to make me a nice hot pot of cocoa and ask me how my morning was.

She was sleeping. :confused:

Paul B

NJRC Member
Hello my friend Diana. Things are very good today, Thank you. :D

My wife got 4 shots in her face which numbed her trigeminal neuralgia pain so I am extremely happy.

I am going for an MRI tomorrow to see how or if they want to fix my torn rotator cuff. I did it 6 times already so I hope they are not running out of toggle bolts.
I don't care about me as this will be my 30th surgery and I enjoy the sleep but my wife now depends on me now for everything. A friend that we know 50 years and she is our best friend will come here for a couple of days to help her while I am screaming in pain........I mean recovering. :confusion:

She will also drive me to the hospital and hopefully keep away the fish Papperazzi. :cool:

How are you and your family doing?

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hi Paul! Happy to read that things are going well today. I will keep your wife in my prayers. Hoping the shots will last a long time!

Wow 29 surgeries already!:concern: That is a lot my friend. You are fortunate to have someone who can help you. If you were close by I'd jump in too to give you a helping hand.

My family is doing okay, thank you. My husband retired in July 2019. We just recently bought a condo in FL, and the closing was Dec 28th. My hubby drove to FL the day after Christmas. He will return sometime the beginning of April. The kids are relaxed when he isn't here LOL. My dad is having problems with his kidney and we will know more this week. He is 89 years young

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning Diana, sorry to hear about your Dad. Unfortunately at that age we seem to fall apart. I started early but luckily for me, I never had any internal problems. Of course the day is young. :confused:

All my surgeries was from either breaking or tearing something as I lived a busy life and did a lot of things including crashing twice in helicopters. But I didn't break anything then because I was 20 and nothing breaks on us when we are 20 :numbness:

Enjoy your Florida Condo. I am sure you will have a ball there. :)

We bought this condo here 4 years ago when Dale started having trouble with stairs. I had an elevator put in.

We love it here as we have a huge pool and a beach behind us. Surrounded by farms and wineries. I feel we are in paradise and have quite a few good friends.

Have a great day and I consider you one of my friends. :D