• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning. I just came back from an ear Doctor. What is that like an audiologist, hemotoligist, archaeologist or some other kind of ologist.

My left ear wasn't working so he took this special "Eheim" filter, connected it to a turkey baster and sucked out a mountain of wax.

In the next room there was this young girl sitting there making candles and selling them for seven bucks each. :confused:

Paul B

NJRC Member
My shoulder is doing so good I am thinking of taking up pole vaulting. I am supposed to wear this sling for 5 more weeks but I rarely wear it at all. Of course when I hear my wife coming I quickly put it on because she listens to "everything" a doctor says and thinks my arm will fall off if I don't wear it.

I mean you should take that stuff under advisement and mull it over in your mind a little. Then disregard it and go about your business. :p

Paul B

NJRC Member
I baked some loaves of bread yesterday and made Linguine and clams for some company we had. (I asked them what they wanted to eat, and luckily for me, that is my favorite meal)

When I was cooking the sauce I tasted it and was horrified, it was terrible and very bland. It just tasted like warm wine with onions and garlic.

Then I realized I forgot to put in the clams and clam juice. :rolleyes:

It turned out fantastic and the 4 of us ate a pound and a half of it. The guy said one pound is more than they could eat, but he had 3 servings so that was the right amount.

I also make semi sweet dark chocolate covered strawberries and bananas for part of the dessert :)

Paul B

NJRC Member
I broke my tooth today. It's my front tooth but he can do some magic with a temp connected to another tooth, probably with a toggle bolt and I won't have to walk around with a missing front tooth for 3 months like I did a year ago. :oo:

For some silly reason this thing isn't cheap. It is about $7,000.00 all together but my insurance covers most of it. :D

To put that into fish terms, it's like 200 copperband butterflies.

I never understood why implants cost so much when the guy used 25 cents worth of titanium and it takes about 6 minutes. Maybe it's me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Lucky you. My husband had an implant on one tooth in the front. I was just looking at the receipt today of $5200 out of pocket

Paul B

NJRC Member
Lucky you. My husband had an implant on one tooth in the front. I was just looking at the receipt today of $5200 out of pocket
I think this will be my 11th implant. :confused: It's a good thing we only have like 32 teeth. But my dentist has a dynamite yacht. :oops:

Did you ever see the implant itself? it's like 1/2" of titanium which costs about 25 cents. OK, it's "Medical" so they can make that 25 cents into $2,500.00 like magic. Then the Dentist drills a hole in maybe 2 minutes and screws it in.

3 months later he puts in the post in the middle and glues on a cap. All in all the actual work is about 20 minutes, give or take ten minutes. How they justify the price of this is just amazing. :blue:

I realize Dentists have to go to High School and all that. But "Really"!!!!

Paul B

NJRC Member
I am looking for an "American" all electric SUV. I would like a Jeep but they are not yet sold in the US.

I like these two vehicles but they are not quite out yet either but I don't need one for about 2 years.

This Tesla is cool and goes 500 miles on a charge. It is made in America and the skin is stainless steel so no paint. The only problem is I really don't need a pick up truck and wanted something smaller like the size of my Jeep Renegade.

I wanted an electric vehicle way before they invented this gas price thing.

tesla-cybertruck-104-1574400035.jpg

This cool looking thing will be made in Oklahoma, but I think it is a Korean Company which may not let me buy it. I have to see how American it is. It is also a little bigger than I was looking for because I have another Jeep that is bigger for long trips.

EV car made in Oklahoma.jpg

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Looks like a vehicle that could be in the movie Logan's Run

1646856285787.png

I want something made now that looks like this...I like the old stuff. The problem is one no has the skills or mental ability to create any more.

1646856420485.png

Paul B

NJRC Member
Diana, I agree. I want one of these and know someone who has a few for sale. The problem is I already have two cars and it won't fit in my garage with my other car and you can't leave them in the street, Especially where I live right next to the sea. :D

I have the tools and know how to keep the thing running as I used to be a General Motors mechanic in another life. If I find a place to keep one, I will jump on one. It's a Model A Ford.

Model A Ford.jpg

Paul B

NJRC Member
My shoulder is healing so well I can't believe it. I don't mind surgeries at all because it is the best sleep you will ever get. I remember when I was a kid, they didn't have the anesthesia they have now so the anesthesiologist would strangle you until you passed out, then they would play Rap music to keep you under. :oops:

Now of course they use Ozone and Hydrogen peroxide.
If you ever had any major surgery you know they first make you wear this paper gown with the opening at the back. I will explain why they do that in a minute.

After you are out they put you on this cold stainless steel table. The reason for stainless steel is not that it is easy to clean and sterilize. Thats what the doctors will tell you, but the real reason is because it is slippery.

Then the youngest assistant takes out some bright color lipstick and puts 7 dots in the center of your lower back. (They keep an assortment of lipstick in the OR for this reason)

Then they turn you over on your back.

The senior doctor grabs your head and the resident takes your feet and they spin you around as many times as they can to see if they can get your head to face north. (It's called Spin the Patient)

All the medical people in there take bets to see how many spins it takes. The winner gets half of the pot and the insurance company agent (also in there) gets the other half.

Now when they turn you on to your belly and can clearly see that those lipstick dots became circles on the table. The stainless steel makes it easy to clean the lipstick off which is why it is called "Stainless".

Naturally sometime in there they operate on what you are there for. :biggrin:

This was started by Hypocrites. Him and his friend surgeons were operating on one of the Roman Emperors . (I think they were replacing a heart valve with a LLama heart valve. )

Just as the game was over and they turned him over, Galileo walked in to ask for directions to the highest mountain to try out his new telescope and he noticed the red circles on the Emperor's back and said.

"OMG" those circles look like the orbits of the planets, so the Earth must be round. I can't wait to go and tell the Pope. :D

The reason we know this is because of those people who died and had an "Out of body" experience where their heart stops and they rise up over their body and can see whats going on. Thats also why they don't want to come back. :rolleyes:

If you don't believe me, Google it.