• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning. I had shoulder surgery in February which went great but recently I have been getting there terrible pains in my arm near the surgery. Of course the surgeon said it's not his surgery so he sent me to a pain management doctor.

She stuck a needle in my arm about 13 times and each time she wiggled it around.
As she was doing this, I also was wriggling around.

I asked what are you injecting?

She said, "Nothing", I am just breaking up "trigger points" with the needle. :rolleyes:

What do i know? Sounds logical.

So now that terrible pain is really horrendous and I have a black and blue there as big as a manta ray.
(a juvenile manta ray)

I went for an MRI last night. :cool:

Paul B

NJRC Member
Well I think this will be a test of my theory and my tank. My good "friend" is getting out of the hobby and he just came over with a bucket of fish and corals that I kind of had to take. He told me he had a "small" blue angelfish that I had to take with the corals because he didn't know what to do with it.

I opened the bag and found this.

This is a horribly sick tang. I am not sure what it has but it doesn't look good. I, of course threw it into my tank and it immediately started eating.

Sick tang.JPG

He also gave me this angelfish which while beautiful is way to big for my tank. Both fish are way to big for my tank but what am I to do? He is a good friend and likes bigger fish.
Koran Angel.JPG

This will be a test to see if my method can cure that tang but it doesn't look to good.

81oblermwfl-_ac_ul640_ql65_-jpg.1739204

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Well I think this will be a test of my theory and my tank. My good "friend" is getting out of the hobby and he just came over with a bucket of fish and corals that I kind of had to take. He told me he had a "small" blue angelfish that I had to take with the corals because he didn't know what to do with it.

I opened the bag and found this.

This is a horribly sick tang. I am not sure what it has but it doesn't look good. I, of course threw it into my tank and it immediately started eating.

Sick tang.JPG

He also gave me this angelfish which while beautiful is way to big for my tank. Both fish are way to big for my tank but what am I to do? He is a good friend and likes bigger fish.
Koran Angel.JPG

This will be a test to see if my method can cure that tang but it doesn't look to good.

81oblermwfl-_ac_ul640_ql65_-jpg.1739204
Paul, I am sure the tang will do well in your tank. It looks HLLE which they can bounce back rom but the color will be lost along the lateral line. As for the fin who knows.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Yes, he certainly has HLLE but it looks like he has had it for a number of years. It's not only his epidermis but the underlying tissues. This is a stark contrast to my pristine looking fish. I don't care about the disease, they are just mush to big for my tank which was already over stocked.

Paul B

NJRC Member
I found out that scopas tang is 7 years old. The thing was in his sump and wasn't fed in 3 weeks because he ran out of food.

Paul B

NJRC Member
My Grand Daughter, Greta's other Grand Mother (not my wife) wanted to buy a bathing suit because she is coming to the Caribbean with us and the family and hasn't wore a bathing suit for decades. She is kind of (and I don't know a PC word for this) so she is a "lot of Woman".

Anyway she mentioned to Greta that she wanted to buy a bathing suit but didn't know how to go about it.

Greta said to her "Don't worry Grand Ma Linda we can just find one on line".

Her Grand Mother said to her, what do we search for.

Greta said to her "Don't worry, I will just look up Fat Lady Bathing suits"

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
My Grand Daughter, Greta's other Grand Mother (not my wife) wanted to buy a bathing suit because she is coming to the Caribbean with us and the family and hasn't wore a bathing suit for decades. She is kind of (and I don't know a PC word for this) so she is a "lot of Woman".

Anyway she mentioned to Greta that she wanted to buy a bathing suit but didn't know how to go about it.

Greta said to her "Don't worry Grand Ma Linda we can just find one on line".

Her Grand Mother said to her, what do we search for.

Greta said to her "Don't worry, I will just look up Fat Lady Bathing suits"

View attachment 43843
Kids, gotta love them. LOL

Paul B

NJRC Member
Yes they do. When Greta was about 3 years old she told her Mother. "I need a good Lawyer to legally change my name to Olivia".

When she was about two years old, my Daughter took her shoe shopping. My Daughter said to her, I really like these shows but they are to expensive and I don't have that much money on me.
Greta said "Cwedit Cward".

Another time about 3 years old she said to my Daughter, "Mom, when can I smoke?". My Daughter said NEVER. Where did you get that idea?

Greta said "Well Susan Sarandon smokes"!

Paul B

NJRC Member
My close friend for over 50 years and Viet Nam Buddy is being awarded today. They put him on an Air Force plane and flew him to Washington DC for a ceremony.
I don't know any details because I found out through his wife but will post something when he returns.

He was a Grunt in Nam and like me was awarded two Bronze Stars but he also got a purple heart. I didn't get one because I am faster than he is. :p

I am very proud of him.

Paul B

NJRC Member
I caught that Scopus tang that I wanted to remove after he killed my Copperband.
I used a method I devised many years ago. I just kept a large net in the tank right near the front glass and for a couple of days I fed the fish right into the net.

After 2 days he was comfortable enough to go inside the net to eat. Then I just quickly move the net against the front glass and no more tang. :eek2:

The other fish I caught with him were returned to the tank. :D

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Is the Scopus tang old? The are peaceful fish. Was he fighting the Copperband because they wanted the same turf?

Attachments

• tang.JPG
    tang.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 1

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning Diana. The Scopus tang is pictured a few posts up. He looks horrible and was 7 years old. The guy gave him to me 2 weeks ago. He told me he was a problem. He killed my beautiful coperband by pushing him into the rocks and wouldn't let him out. He also kept slashing him with his scalpel.

That fish was also much to big for my tank especially along with the big Koran angel he also gave me. I already have over 30 fish that I want. I don't even like tangs and angels and if I catch that angel, he is going to the Long Island Aquarium where they have one of the largest ref tanks in the country. He will be very happy there.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I didn't realize this was one of the fish your friend asked you to take. I agree it should go to the LIA. Good luck catching it.

Paul B

NJRC Member
If I catch him I catch him. If not, he can stay in my tank but is a little larger than I like and he will probably get bigger. He is only 3 years old but I hope the aquarium will take him. He does't swim out in the open as much as the Scopas so it will be very difficult to catch him and I don't want to hurt him. :)