• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
I have been having upper back issues (because my life was full of Manly work where you actually have to lift and hold heavy things over your head for many hours, resisting gravity while you wait for an apprentice to get the screw started) :rolleyes:

Anyway, my X rays and MRIs indicate that if I move incorrectly about 7 of my disks will shoot out of my back and land on the floor where they will get all dirty and maybe fall into a storm drain.

I go to this Pain Mgt Dr. mainly because she is a Supermodel, but secondly because she is a very good pain Mgt. Dr.

She gave me a few spine injection or infusion procedures where they drill a hole in your back while you are laying on your stomach listening to Billy Joel singing "A bottle of red, a bottle of white, a bottle of rose for your appetite". Then while she watches an X Ray or maybe a Lady GaGa concert she sticks needles into this tube that floods your spine with embalming fluid.

I think some of it was an epidural but not sure. She did both sides of my spine and I feel no pain. The last time she did it I was good for three entire days.

You can only get this done 3 times a year. I am not sure if that is because of insurance or a shortage of embalming fluid.

Anyway at my age we all get something and I am almost in perfect health and most of me runs like a very healthy red legged hermit crab who just got a whiff of a freshly killed Moorish Idol.

So now she put me on Gabapentin which is a nerve thing but it also gives you delusions, Diarrhea, shortness of breath, dizziness, hair loss, weight gain, weight loss, insomnia and an uncontrollable fear of quarantine. :oops:

If this doesn't work there is a surgery that fixes it. They remove 7 disks from your back and send them to the National Hockey Team.

Then so you don't stand like a Jelly fish, they screw a couple of re-bars for strengthening concrete into your spine with toggle bolts in an effort to keep you upright unlike a Moray eel.

Of course you can no longer bend or twist so you can't put on shoes and have to hire someone to cut your toe nails. My wife frowns on that so I will forgo that operation for now and just munch on these Gabapentin pills.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning Diana. Always nice to hear from you. :) This doesn't happen to people who have jobs where they get tired tapping the "passcode" into their phone all day or look for innovative ways to eliminate SPAM from their inboxes. ;)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Good Morning Diana. Always nice to hear from you. :) This doesn't happen to people who have jobs where they get tired tapping the "passcode" into their phone all day or look for innovative ways to eliminate SPAM from their inboxes. ;)
True.
But we have different back issues. Been going to chiropractor for 2 weeks now.

Feel better Paul.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sounds not to good .I too stopped gabapenten.i forgot when to take it...ha..

Last edited:

Paul B

NJRC Member
It's supposed to be the most widely prescribed medication now next to Prizapro.
Some places you don't even need a prescription. It is so common I was thinking of adding it to my oatmeal in the morning.

I took it this morning and started three threads until I found out I was on a Komoto Dragon forum. :confused:

Paul B

NJRC Member
I am running out of room with my other hobbies so I will have to sell my steampunk stuff for about an eighth of what it sells for in an art gallery.
I have been making live edge tables and now I am making a waterfall table.

Very cool. I get so many cNew Table.JPGompliments on my finished table I decided to make more so I bought 5 more pieces of live edge wood. I also have no room for these so I will probably give them away. :D

Paul B

NJRC Member
This Morning I went on a nature walk on one of the hiking trails here. It was a beautiful day and a fantastic looking place which meandered through a forest, past a vineyard and down to the sea. I was the only man with 6 or 7 Ladies.

Walk Hallock.JPG

Vineyard.JPG

I did have a fleeting fear that they would gang up on me and.....Well....I can't say. But that didn't happen and I think I could out run most of them anyway. One of them I wasn't sure about as she worked there and looked pretty tough. She cleared the trails and chased, or carried away any dear or bear she encountered. Maybe that's why there are no bears on Long Island.

sea walk.JPG

Anyway, on my drive home I stopped at a lavender farm because I needed eggs. The farm stands here sell everything except maybe copper band butterflies. There was no one in this tiny farm stand except the girl who worked there and she was a Supermodel.

I went for five dollar eggs but came out with $20.00 cheese as well. She had "Tammy Fae" eyelashes so long that she could clean the front windows while sitting behind the counter just by blinking. It was a sight to behold. :oops:

Paul B

NJRC Member
I was searching for something on the Net and accidentally found this video from Viet Nam. It is the exact place and time I was there. LZ Snuffy 1970. I was a Sargent in the First Air Cav which is the unit here.

I don't remember seeing any film crews while I was there so this may have been filmed a week before I was there. LZ Snuffy wasn't there for more than a few weeks so I must have just missed it because I watched it but didn't see myself.

Some of the video where you see barbed wire and landed Cobra Gunships is in some rear area as we didn't have wire or airfields but they did support us constantly so they weren't far off. I was on 14 of these LZs in my time there, most were short lived.
Some of it is not PC. Sorry but I didn't film it.

Paul B

NJRC Member
I sent that video to my Captain who was there with me. He is a retired Brigadier General now and a few years older than me. He said I was there on Snuffy twice but must have left for 3 days to go to another firebase. That guy remembers everything and I barely remember getting drafted. :rolleyes:

He also told me that this is where I got this lizzard.

Last edited:
I have been having upper back issues (because my life was full of Manly work where you actually have to lift and hold heavy things over your head for many hours, resisting gravity while you wait for an apprentice to get the screw started) :rolleyes:
HI Paul, Sorry to hear about your back. I had some comparatively minor back issues years ago and they are not fun at all. That ageing stuff is just something we can't do too much about over time. I've had a couple of medical issues over the last couple of years, and my tanks have been neglected, so now I actually do have a couple of "algae farms". I'm able to work on them now and will slowly catch up and they will be fine. Still I wonder how much longer I can keep up with the hobby.

Anyway, take care of yourself and good luck with everything.

Dave K

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning. Today is my wedding anniversary. 49 years married to my childhood sweetheart who I met when she was 12. No, I didn't date her then because I am not a Perv contrary to popular opinion. I was going out with her older cousin because I am 6 years older than my wife.

She wrote me all through my time in Nam and I married her when she was 18.

This is not our wedding picture.

Neither is this.

This is not her.

This is. I took this in a mirror when she was 18. How could I not marry this?

We will be going here tonight

Last edited: