• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist for a tooth implant. I think this is my 10th implant but I don't think my dentist is very good. My wife likes him but I am the one with all the dental work. He started this implant probably 6 months ago. Like how long does this take? All the rest of them I had dome in a couple of months but I think this guy is still going to implant school.

I saw him in Home Depot yesterday buying tiny toggle bolts......... :oops:

Paul B

NJRC Member
On my morning walk yesterday I almost crashed into this huge spider net. I think it could catch a helicopter. :oops:

Spider web.JPG

Paul B

NJRC Member
I just came back from today's morning walk/run. I actually don't run, it's more of a Geezer jog but at my age no one goes very fast unless they are running from Nancy Pelosi. :sick:

This is the farthest I have jogged since basic training over 50 years ago. Near the end of my 2 mile "run", I felt something exhilarating......I figured it was that runners "high" athletes speak about when they run for many miles. As I thought about it I realized it must have been that Harvey Wallbanger I drank before bed last night and think I may have just had a little gas. :rolleyes:

Paul B

NJRC Member
I just came back from my very Manly "run". Very slow run. But anyway I don't want to dwell on that. On my way back, I was running pretty "fast". Actually probably slower than my walking, but off in the distance, on the street I see this squirrel. He was sitting in the street holding a nut and most likely thinking about where he is going to hide this nut so in the spring he would have something to feed his six kids.

I hear this blood curdling SQUAWK.........I look up.......I see this huge eagle. OK I think it was a hawk. Definitely not a pigeon, and it swoops down towards the squirrel.....

The squirrel hears it and looks up........It was to late. I heard the doomed creature SCREAM amidst the loud CAW CAW of the devil bird. :rolleyes:

6 or 7 other crows were on the power lines cheering and it was deafening. I had to put my hands over my ears, (after I put down my sweatshirt, hat, walking stick and phone)

Right now that unfortunate squirrel is being served up as breakfast. :oo:

It brought back memories of that Alfred Hitchcock movie "The Birds".

It also, for some reason brought back a memory of one of my old girlfriends. She was Greek. A real Greek Goddess, Grecian curls and all.
Her Greek name was so long that it had every letter in the alphabet,,,,,Twice. Her last name alone just ended with "Etc." so they didn't have to make up more letters.

Her Mother really used to go out on a dark night and offer up tea leaves to the moon. I think she was praying that I wouldn't marry her Daughter. She eventually dumped me for a guy with a shorter name. :oops:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Okay I had my morning laugh and now I am set for the day!

The Birds, The Godfather, Some Like it Hot, Casablanca, His Girl Friday, To Kill a Mockingbird, 12 Angry Men.... They just don't make movies as well anymore.

Paul B

NJRC Member
"Some Like it Hot" That was a good movie. I felt bad after watching "To Kill a Mocking bird" because I felt sorry for the bird. :biggrin:

Paul B

NJRC Member
I haven't since I sold my boat so now I have to drive to the sea or go behind my house to the rocky shore to collect.

I just went to this little pond across the street to get some floating water plants for my garden terrarium thing and accidentally picked up 2 bullfrog tadpoles. There are so many frogs in that pond that it looks like Kermits home coming party. I will let them go in a couple of hours.
tADPOLES.JPG

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
That brings back memories of childhood. I would catch the tadpoles and bring them home...guess that was my first fish tank.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Brings them back to me to Diana. :biggrin: Kids today barely know what a tadpole is any more and probably think frogs come from a video game.
I think if it isn't on a tablet, my Grand Daughter wouldn't even see it.

Oh she got a letter from the President for something she wrote. Now you can't talk to her because she thinks she is a celebrity. :D

Paul B

NJRC Member
Before my sunrise walk this morning I put those two tadpoles in a bag and when I passed their pond I returned them to the water to see their friends. Now they can grow up in peace until that pond starts to dry up and they find themselves on the street under a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser driven by a retired Nun on her way home from confession. :rolleyes: