• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
I have so many white worms I may start to eat them myself. I have been feeding them a dry cat food and althoughthumbnail.jpg they don't spit up hairballs, they grow very large very quick. My fish are all doing the macarana.

I have so many white worms I may start to eat them myself. I have been feeding them a dry cat food and althoughView attachment 31763 they don't spit up hairballs, they grow very large very quick. My fish are all doing the macarana.
Feel free to send me a bunch of those white worms if your running out of room to house them,, wonder how my ponies would like em

Paul B

NJRC Member
White worms live about 5 days in saltwater, blackworms live about 5 seconds in salt water. Besides that, no. :cool:

I also can't raise blackworms but whiteworms multiply like a math professor with more degrees than a thermometer.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning. I just came back from my hour walk on a quiet country road and absolutely nothing happened except the sun came up. I saw a couple of deer and Muskrat Sally's but thats it. I walk with one of my wife's aluminum walking sticks for protection. We don't have bears or lions here so I keep it with me in case I run into one of those wild, Hummingbirds. You never know what those things are going to do with all that Humming and what not. :confused:

Paul B

NJRC Member
This Tuesday is our 47th Wedding Anniversary and I just received a gift from our Daughter. Three bottles and one is my favorite.
thumbnail.jpg

Paul B

NJRC Member
Unfortunately my wife isn't doing to good today. Yesterday she had a flu shot and now we get the Super Geezer shot. You kids still get the Sissy shot but us "Mature" people get the Super shot which is a double dose and they mix it with Tequila and not the Girly stuff. The "Man" stuff with the worm in it. :biggrin:

That shot kind of gives her a sort of Flu and makes her sick. I guess it doesn't mix well with her other Meds. :culpability:

Unfortunately my wife isn't doing to good today. Yesterday she had a flu shot and now we get the Super Geezer shot. You kids still get the Sissy shot but us "Mature" people get the Super shot which is a double dose and they mix it with Tequila and not the Girly stuff. The "Man" stuff with the worm in it. :biggrin:

That shot kind of gives her a sort of Flu and makes her sick. I guess it doesn't mix well with her other Meds. :culpability:

Sorry to hear that your wife isn’t feeling well, hope she feels better soon.
Or maybe she realized she’s stuck with you for rest of her life, that would cause flu like symptoms. Lol buddy take care of that lil lady

Paul B

NJRC Member
My wife seems much better today and while I am waiting for it to stop raining, I spit shined my boots. You Millenniums will have to Google that but in Basic Training, in the Army when I was in during the Revolutionary War we had to spit shine our boots every day, sometimes twice a day.
It really had nothing to do with boots as it was a mind exercise and they wanted to make sure your mind never had a minute of free time so they had to keep you busy constantly.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning Diana. :biggrin:

My tank seems to be in a growth spurt. I don't know why. I also can't keep enough Alk in there and I may have to do it intravenously. Yesterday I made a mistake and thought I was dosing Alk, But I put in 4 times the dose of calcium.
I figured the water would turn into blackboard chalk, but nothing happened.

My invading, engulfing blue sponge is not encrusting over everything as fast but the encrusting gorgonians, green star polyps, mushrooms and zoa's are blooming all over the place. My anemone which was pinkie nail size a couple of years ago split into 3 anemones and each one is about 10" wide which is scaring me and if I could get two of them out, I would give them away. I try not to get any food near them for fear they will take over my Man Cave.

I think my 6 line wrasses are spawning as they both disappear behind the rocks together and come out smiling. One of them is new.
My two new ruby red dragonettes still ignore each other but they are still teenagers and to young.

My Rainsford gobies rarely come out as I think all they do is spawn and of course the fireclowns are just disgusting with all their spawning.

I can't yet tell if my new hawkfish is spawning with the old guy. Of course none of my fish have ever been drugged or quarantined so none of them will ever get sick.

You can tell when fish are in spawning condition because their colors get so much brighter and most of them get a "fluorescent tinge" on the edges of their fins. You rarely see this on captive fish but you see it on fish in the sea.
That is a sign of true health but you have to look closely. The fish also have a rounded appearance, they are curious and are not dead.

Drugged fish won't show that nor will most quarantined fish as their immune system is veclumpt, or gone.
I also never have to coax new fish to eat. A natural tank has that effect and they will eat Chinese Take Our if they had thumbs to sign the credit card receipt.

9.jpg

My wife seems much better today and while I am waiting for it to stop raining, I spit shined my boots. You Millenniums will have to Google that but in Basic Training, in the Army when I was in during the Revolutionary War we had to spit shine our boots every day, sometimes twice a day.
It really had nothing to do with boots as it was a mind exercise and they wanted to make sure your mind never had a minute of free time so they had to keep you busy constantly.
Glad she is feeling better today, thoughts and prayers brother

Good Morning Diana. :biggrin:

My tank seems to be in a growth spurt. I don't know why. I also can't keep enough Alk in there and I may have to do it intravenously. Yesterday I made a mistake and thought I was dosing Alk, But I put in 4 times the dose of calcium.
I figured the water would turn into blackboard chalk, but nothing happened.

My invading, engulfing blue sponge is not encrusting over everything as fast but the encrusting gorgonians, green star polyps, mushrooms and zoa's are blooming all over the place. My anemone which was pinkie nail size a couple of years ago split into 3 anemones and each one is about 10" wide which is scaring me and if I could get two of them out, I would give them away. I try not to get any food near them for fear they will take over my Man Cave.

I think my 6 line wrasses are spawning as they both disappear behind the rocks together and come out smiling. One of them is new.
My two new ruby red dragonettes still ignore each other but they are still teenagers and to young.

My Rainsford gobies rarely come out as I think all they do is spawn and of course the fireclowns are just disgusting with all their spawning.

I can't yet tell if my new hawkfish is spawning with the old guy. Of course none of my fish have ever been drugged or quarantined so none of them will ever get sick.

You can tell when fish are in spawning condition because their colors get so much brighter and most of them get a "fluorescent tinge" on the edges of their fins. You rarely see this on captive fish but you see it on fish in the sea.
That is a sign of true health but you have to look closely. The fish also have a rounded appearance, they are curious and are not dead.

Drugged fish won't show that nor will most quarantined fish as their immune system is veclumpt, or gone.
I also never have to coax new fish to eat. A natural tank has that effect and they will eat Chinese Take Our if they had thumbs to sign the credit card receipt.

View attachment 31801
Got quite the orgy tank goin on, my seahorses hump so much there are babies in water column 2-3x a week to ten days,, wonder if they have lil seahorse condoms