• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The New Tank Has Started!

Ok, more has come together......

Got the wood and I am ready for fun:

HPIM0022.gif

Ok, the top is created:

HPIM0023.gif

Now we have a bottom:

HPIM0024.gif

It is starting to take SHAPE:

HPIM0025.gif

Wow, this is big:

HPIM0026.gif

I still have to add the support in but I underestimated when I got the wood and I need more. I hate when that happens when you are in the middle of it!

C

concept3

you're adding supports next to all the legs right? cuz right now, all the weight is gonna be held by nails at the end of your legs.

double up on those leg supports loking good so far looking at the bubble on the level looks a little off lol double check it

C

concept3

sam, by the way, your pics are gif images. if you save them as jpg you could get them bigger with the same amount of bytes with a lot more detail.

just a thought, wanna see them BIG!

Yea, they are JPEG but I cahnged them to GIF to get them small becuase the large ones are hard to see. I will try and leave them but resize them and see what happens.

Ok, so the supports are in. I would have gotten this done yesterday but I had to work at least one day this week! Now it is time for the fun part: making it look pretty.

HPIM0027.jpg

Ok, I am posting all these pictures for the sake of other stand builders also. I noticed that I would have really liked to seen more pictures from start to finish of a stand build and a lot of people skipped a lot of pictures that could have helped me.

The stand now has a top to it:

HPIM0028.jpg

DARN! I forgot to cut the holes for the plumbing before putting the top on! Thank god for a router! :

HPIM0029.jpg

One side on and looking good.

HPIM0030.jpg

Here is a design issues.... Most wood that you find at the hardware store is 8' or 96". My stand just happens to be 97.5"! So that means I have to get create. Some trim right in the middle to split it all up:

HPIM0032.jpg

More trim. I wish I could have time to finish this today but I have to stop now and pick it back up tomorrow.

HPIM0033.jpg

The sump is going in a "make-shift" fish room behind the wall where the tank is going. That was not the original plan but it will work out much better.

Ok, more was done today! I only drew a little blood. (Mistake with the nail gun)

Ok, the facing is one now!

HPIM0034.jpg

The trim is on!

HPIM0035.jpg

Tomorrow will be the doors! Things are coming together BUT I just realized how hard this is going to be to get in my house from the garage! It will fit but it will NOT be easy...........

OK! I have decided on a moving day! (Moving the tank that is)

I would appreciate any help I can get.

I am only 15 minutes from the March meeting location so I figured either before or after the meeting I could get some fellow NJ reefers to help me lift it onto the new stand!

Please let me know if anyone can lend a helping hand! THANKS EVERYONE!

malulu

NJRC Member
me can help too.

hopefully, you are NOT 15 mins (South East direction) from the March meeting place, otherwise, that would make it 30 mins for me... but, hey, what the heck... why not... ;)

That is great! I think I will need about 6 people to do this well. What does everyone thinkg about before the meeting? I figure people will leave at different times so it may be better to do it right before. Let me know guys.

malulu

NJRC Member
thinking should do it AFTER, as the rules of thumb that "nothing is easy"... you may encounter with few surprises and then lead to holding up the crews' chance to enjoy the good foods in the meeting...
;D

hopefully no surprise...
;)

That is a good point but someone else brought up another good point. People will most likely be buying frags and things like that and will want to get them home rather than stopping off.

I guess we can meet around 11:30 or noon (meeting starts at 1) at my house and if we run into problems I will just have to postpone it to another time. I do know what you mean about things coming up though! If there are enough of us I don't think it will be too bad but you never know!

I will gladly help out anyone with anything they would like me to help with and the people that give me a hand will defiantly get FREE frags from the tank once it is established.

8 Sherman Circle
Somerset, NJ 08873
973-919-0054

Please PM me if you can come so I can plan how many people will be here to help.

This will be my first meeting that I will be coming to so I don't really know how they go but I will defiantly be glad to host a post-meeting get together.

malulu

NJRC Member
- how about, we stop by around 11:30am, if things get stucks, we can go to meeting and come back after the meeting with more hangs and brains...
;D

- for people with frags need to bring home, you can setup up something (container) in advance that have a heater and powerhead to circulate the water, we can flow the frag bags on top, should not be a problem to rush home.