• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

I’m from Essex County and yes I have a Reef Tank
0f5c12f0bd51c983a96327330f968f8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone, My Name is Nat, I was the last event at Reefco and ocean galleries. I enjoyed the free food and discounts lol, Plus I got a bag, looking to become a paid member. The two guys at the event is really cool.
Were you there this past Saturday? I was there handing out the discount flyer slips at oceans gallery

Reactions: Nat
Hi All!

I'm a new member and a new reefer, I'm from Bergen County. I've had a 4g nano tank for a few years but never ventured into actually having anything more than 1 clown fish and a few snails. A month ago I got a 12g tank, I'm still learning the process of adding coral and keeping them alive! looking forward to attend some of the monthly events.

Hello fellow reefers , while I have some experience around a sw tank ( my god father had a 150 gal) I am definitely getting a red sea reefer 250 because i like the setup of it , but you guys are what I have been looking for !
I am desperately looking for like minded ppl in terms of the hobby ,my wife could care -less and my immediate friends too , so Im constantly looking to talk reefs, SALT WATER CARE , FISH ,and anything else marine life . i am currently in the process of purchasing the unit but I wanted to get most of my equipment first , I have so many "plans" mapped out in my head as well as on paper and I know that a plan is good but means nothing without effort ,and I plan on this being more than a hobby ( sorry for my wife lol) ... But again , I am so happy to have found this forum along with all the you-tubers . I am friendly , polite , knowledgeable but most of all i am respectful, patient ( not so much ) and a good learner

thank you ,by the end of the month i should be purchasing a brand new reefer 250 but i wont set it up until i get all the " fixings " , i want the eco tech systems with apex and dossers also ro/di , i want to utilize a refugium and soon will set up a quarantine tank , I dont want to set anything up until i get all the bells and whistles to alleviate some of the pit falls and to ensure the reef will survive as best as possible , if anyone can help with my initial set up once i get all the products I will pay homage lol and a fee , I live in Newark,Nj and plan on seeing you guys at some of the lfs and events in the future

Hi! I'm Pete from Staten Island (yeah NY :oo:). I've been in the aquarium hobby on and off since about 1986 when I was in 6th grade. Had tropical fish until I went to college, then had a few Central and South American cichlids while in college. When I came home I got into African cichlids, specifically ones from Lake Tanganyika. At the height of my interest in them I had a 75g, (2) 55g, and a couple 10 and 20 gallon tanks set up lol. I was breeding 3 different species and I thought they were the coolest fish around.

Sometime in the late 90s or around 2000, I sold off all of my cichlids and tanks except for the 75g which I switched over to salt. First attempt was a bad experience. Tried again in 2005 with the help of a major website/forum (I don't know the etiquette here about posting names), and all in all it went pretty well. I broke that all down in 2010 when my 2nd daughter was born and was out of the hobby (except for a small tank with a Frontosa cichlid) until Feb 2018.

Currently I am running a 60g cube and I love it. Again, I dont know what's the etiquette here about posting links etc to other forums, but I have a build thread going on there. At any rate here are a few pics:
20190105_150100.jpg

Around 1/1 I plumbed in this nano 7.5g tank as a remote fuge and/or frag tank:
20181230_161516.jpg
It's fed from the sump and has 2 drains, the main is gravity to the DT, and the emergency is back down to the sump.

It's been working out well so far, and is currently home to my latest addition, a ruby red dragonette:
20190114_194458.jpg
He will be in there for a few weeks to fatten up and allow me to watch him closely. Would be nice to get him on other foods while he is there, but I'm expecting (hoping) my system will keep a good supply of pods going for him.

So that's about it for now, hopefully I'll be at the meeting on the 26th for at least a few hours in the early afternoon, I have to be back for a family function in the evening.