• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Welcome to the forum Andy. I look forward to hearing about your tanks and the trials and tribulations they have wrought. Lol. But seriously, You should wright a tale of your tank. It’s fun to see what others are doing and how they go about it. Personaly I am new to the reef hobby and the forum but absolutely enjoy the multiple opinions I read and have quickly come to realize that there are lots of ways to be successful in this hobby. I believe you will find as I have that there is a very nice collection of people here willing to help with any questions you may have. So welcome and don’t hesitate to speak up.

I'm a 44 years old male, work as an inspector for NJDOT, I used to be in this club long time ago and I was thinking in starting again, maybe a 20g long or a 30g maybe, if you guys will like to know anything else about me just message me

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
As I have posted on my first post:

I would like to introduce myself as I just joined the NJ Reefers club. I am 24 years old from northern NJ, born and raised. I frequently travel to a summer home on Toms River island side so if I ever need to give or pick up live stock etc it's know :). My brother has had a 65 gallon reef tank for 5 years now hence my interest. I work in NYC & NJ in high rise construction. I graduated NJIT with a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. I am very tech savy. Anyways back to my questions.

Best,
Joe

Hello All,

My name is Ryan O'Connell, i'm the owner of ClearChoiceAquatics.com. We are based in the great state of NJ, so if you do order something chances are you'll see it next day or the second day. I've been an NJreefer since 2010(ish) and now i'm a proud sponsor. I hope to meet everyone personally at a meeting :)

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Welcome @Ryan Oconnell and thank you for becoming a sponsor! Do you have a store front in Marlboro? I just did a mapquest of your address and you are 9 minutes from me.

Welcome @Ryan Oconnell and thank you for becoming a sponsor! Do you have a store front in Marlboro? I just did a mapquest of your address and you are 9 minutes from me.
Thanks!

No store front at the moment, currently online only but if things go well our area really needs a good LFS. We're kinda in the center of them all so either way your driving 30 mins. I could always meet you if you needed something quick.

Hello my name is James Anderson and I have been into fish-keeping since the age of 16. As a 48 year old native to New Jersey in 2003 I began utilizing my hobby as a means to supplement my income. Within 4 years I was able to walk away from my career in education and begin Anderson Aquariums as a full time venture. It was an oscar that I fell in love with as a teenager that hooked me on the hobby as a teenager and I have had at least one aquarium ever since.

Currently I have a 65 gallon mixed reef aquarium, a 28 gallon nano softy aquarium and a 55 gallon which houses an assortment of eels (snowflake, green morray, coral banded, and albino ribbon) . My one freshwater aquarium is dedicated to my 9 inch frontosa and a number of loaches and plecos. As a maintenance company I service a number of reef aquariums as well.

It is my hope to learn more about the hobby, meet new people, and share my knowledge and resources as well. Thank you for welcoming me to the group.

Hello all! My name is Jeanette. Jen for short. Born and raised in NJ (Northern, NJ). I lived in PA for a year, but found my way back home. I'll be thirty in August. No kids, unless you count the 4-legged kind. :dog::fox:

I'm kind of a "noob" when it comes to saltwater. I had my first saltwater tank about 3 years ago. Was a 125 Gallon FOWLR tank with predator fish (Triggers, puffers, eels ect.) I've since decided to give reefs a try, and have switched over to a 100 Gallon reef tank with corals. I love and enjoy both the large predator FOWLR tanks as well as the beautiful colors and movement of the reefs. The ocean was always a place I loved when I was a kid, so to be able to have a little piece of it in my loving room is such a joy. Saltwater fish have a personality like no other.

Hello all! My name is Jeanette. Jen for short. Born and raised in NJ (Northern, NJ). I lived in PA for a year, but found my way back home. I'll be thirty in August. No kids, unless you count the 4-legged kind. :dog::fox:

I'm kind of a "noob" when it comes to saltwater. I had my first saltwater tank about 3 years ago. Was a 125 Gallon FOWLR tank with predator fish (Triggers, puffers, eels ect.) I've since decided to give reefs a try, and have switched over to a 100 Gallon reef tank with corals. I love and enjoy both the large predator FOWLR tanks as well as the beautiful colors and movement of the reefs. The ocean was always a place I loved when I was a kid, so to be able to have a little piece of it in my loving room is such a joy. Saltwater fish have a personality like no other.
Welcome to the club. Please send tank pics. I am sure everyone would love to see what you are doing