• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What does everyone do for a living?

I use to work in / run kitchens.

Now I work with a property management company, superintendent in a 156 unit high rise building.
Lot of painting, plaster, and plumbing side gigs

Attachments

• D63450BF-8357-4A2C-9FCD-47633D3370E1.png
    D63450BF-8357-4A2C-9FCD-47633D3370E1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • AD19CC89-F55B-4C3C-BA98-3AB04BF951F1.png
    AD19CC89-F55B-4C3C-BA98-3AB04BF951F1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 7

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I ran my own IT consulting firm until a few weeks ago when I took a full time Internal Audit spot which I can assure you, no one wants. I am supposed to start May 15th.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mainframe computer programmer... FORTRAN, COBOL, C++, RPG and Pascal

They still use those languages....LOL

I learned Fortran back in the prehistoric period when we used punch cards:

punch card.png

Each card contained a single line of program. You typed out this cards on a machine

Computer Punch Card Machine.jpg

We had a room filled with these card punching machines. You turned in your stack of cards just to find out one or two cards had typos and the program got kicked out....find the mistake, retype and submit again; repeat until you got it right.

Only mainframes available....actually hand held calculators didn't come out until a year or two later, and only did add, subtract, divide and multiply. And even after they came out, we weren't allowed to use them on chemistry tests....had to use a slide rule.....look it up, no batteries needed. :oops:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I learned Fortran back in the prehistoric period when we used punch cards:

View attachment 49867

Each card contained a single line of program. You typed out this cards on a machine

View attachment 49866

We had a room filled with these card punching machines. You turned in your stack of cards just to find out one or two cards had typos and the program got kicked out....find the mistake, retype and submit again; repeat until you got it right.

Only mainframes available....actually hand held calculators didn't come out until a year or two later, and only did add, subtract, divide and multiply. And even after they came out, we weren't allowed to use them on chemistry tests....had to use a slide rule.....look it up, no batteries needed. :oops:
In college we used them.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Airline Pilot. Retired Air Force Pilot.

I try to do shorter trips as best I can. Just came back from 3 weeks out of town, but thanks to wife and friend I had no issues.
I took helicopter lessons a few years ago, and this time my wife got me an intro flight lesson for a plane !! I've been in 4 helicopter rides already but never a small plane. I can't wait!!

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Im a project manager for a core and shell construction general contractor - I build big buildings.

Current project

Attachments

• IMG952848_20230501_072502.jpg
    IMG952848_20230501_072502.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 6
Software Engineer for hospitals all over the world. I also work on scripting for automation in Powershell to help improve processes within our datacenters.

Short short version.. Medical IT.