• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What does everyone do for a living?

Airline Pilot. Retired Air Force Pilot.

I try to do shorter trips as best I can. Just came back from 3 weeks out of town, but thanks to wife and friend I had no issues.
Air Force Pilot was my dream but couldn’t make it real, my mother always opposed cause she was afraid I ever got sent to combat.

Thanks Eric. I am still hoping to create a science learning center for kids using coral farming as the hands-on experience. Something where I can devote my energy to kids who want to learn.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I started a daycare business over 25 years ago when we pulled our eldest three out of school and I started homeschooling them. As our children have had children, I have been babysitting a number of them. It keeps me young. ;)

Doug retired from his IT career about 5 years ago and now works at our church as a pastoral worker.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I started a daycare business over 25 years ago when we pulled our eldest three out of school and I started homeschooling them. As our children have had children, I have been babysitting a number of them. It keeps me young. ;)

Doug retired from his IT career about 5 years ago and now works at our church as a pastoral worker.
All I saw was BABYSITTING. HAHAHA

eli smoke

NJRC Member
Electronic security, burglary and fire alarms cctv access control. licensed locksmith. The electronics side has helped me make things to help automate my system.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Electronic security, burglary and fire alarms cctv access control. licensed locksmith. The electronics side has helped me make things to help automate my system.
This is very good to know in case of emergencies.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I owned my own landscape design/ construction company for close to 40 years-retired and now do some light gardening and consulting/ design. got into booking cruises on all cruise lines 15 years ago, have taken over 40 cruises on all the major lines and a bunch of the smaller lines, cruised much of the world- two cruises had less than 100 pax- I still book cruises, but since the pandemic my business has gone way down- and not many reefers are looking to be away from their tank for more than a couple of days- so probably no interest here :);)
I love cruising. Automation will allow you leave your tank for a few weeks.

I always like to support people I know who have their own business, so I figured why not ask on here what everyone does. This way if anyone needs any type of service done, they can at least support a fellow reefer. Better than just trusting any stranger. Unfortunately, the field I'm in, i can't really do much. I'm a medical device sales rep, so unless you own a hospital, I can't do much for you hahahaha!!
I am a tax partner at a major CPA firm. I do tax returns for mutual funds, hedge funds and private equity funds. I am also a technology partner overseeing the build out of proprietary technology to help calculate taxable income. I specialize in the taxation of investments and partnerships. yeah...im a dork.

Rueric

NJRC Member
I am a tax partner at a major CPA firm. I do tax returns for mutual funds, hedge funds and private equity funds. I am also a technology partner overseeing the build out of proprietary technology to help calculate taxable income. I specialize in the taxation of investments and partnerships. yeah...im a dork.
Will you teach me how to save money on my taxes so I can buy more coral??