• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Where to buy Acrylic

To anyone who's ordered acrylic online.. who do you use? I had placed an order with VIP plastics and had to cancel because after 14 days they still hadn't even started my cuts..

Just order from acrylic-shop.com but they were literally $60 more for the same cuts w/shipping plus they charged tax which i didn't think they did for online orders.

So if you use someone you can recommend.. i'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

i want to tag along on this thread if you don't mind =) but my question is if i do purchase some acrylic will i be able to make a small mini tank out of it? and what things will i needto glues the pieces together too with

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
i want to tag along on this thread if you don't mind =) but my question is if i do purchase some acrylic will i be able to make a small mini tank out of it? and what things will i needto glues the pieces together too with

There are plenty of links out there on how to put together acrylic tanks. Weld on is the glue of choice and is amazing.

There's a really good video on youtube.. 5 video's actually.. a tutorial. warning.. 1 of the videos is 25 minutes and 1 is 45 minutes.. the others are between 10-15 minutes. I watched all 5 (maybe 6) and it's well worth the "almost" 2 hours.

No problem. Good to see you getting back into the hobby.

Yeah.. i'm not "back" 100%.. not yet anyway.

What i'm doing is building a small frag tank so i can start getting back some of the corals i miss. This way when I get my dream tank in a year or two i'll have something to start it off with. I probably won't have the frag tank up until after the new year. Then, depending on where i find a house, i'm planning on building a monster tank.. something like a 700 gallon display. haha. THEN i'll consider myself "back"

hey, i was up at aqua oceanas in toms river and he has a "for sale" board up and someone had listed that they have i think either 3/4" or 1" sheets but i dont remember seeing a price just a phone number...he is local

If you stop by there and the classified is still up, could you post the info or PM me? I doubt i'll be heading down to Toms River any time soon. Working 6 days a week again... so i can put more money toward this project. haha

radiata

NJRC Member
Not happy with the internet acrylic suppliers? I'm not sure there are any retail sites in northern NJ that will cut acrylic to size. The one site I've used in Northern NJ now has a minimum charge, and I won't reference them. If I needed cut-to-measure acrylic pieces, I'd take the PATH into the WTC in NYC and head north to Canal Street...

sure mike, n/p i'm probably gunna drop off some fish for him to try and sell for me anyway but might not be for a week, unles you just call there i'm sure he could give you the info over the phone.