• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Worst Luck Or Is It?

I have never posted in the forums except for maybe a comment in a discussion but this required it. I had the greatest luck today as a person in my area was giving away a 90 gallon reef ready tank. I picked it up got it home and proceeded to clean it up. All the time I was doing this I was picturing what and how I would empty my 55 gallon and transfer everything over. When all was done I put my new best friend on my hand truck to move it to where it would be stored for the time and yes it fell and I watched in horror as the bottom and front glass shattered. After getting over the shock of everything I thought I would write this and all the question does anyone know a place near North Brunswick NJ that I can use to repair the 2 pieces? Please help.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i don't know if they will do the repair but somerset glass company in on route 130 north in north brunswick. i have used them to repair glass cabinets and shower doors.

If its cheaper, I'm selling a RR 90 to club members for $75....but you have to pay up before you move it...:)

Wise case would be I just get the 2 pieces and do it myself. While I could probably do it, I would like them to do it for me.

I would definitely pay 75 dollars for it. What condition is it in?

It's in very good condition. It has black seams. Overflow is on left. It's Hockeynuts old tank. I'm in Jackson 08527

382.jpg

Have to add the $13 to join the club though...:)

Ok that's fair I guess I will contact you Monday to see if you still have it...also where do I send the membership fee?

Well here is an update.... The glass stores near me want $ 200 for 2 pieces of glass for the 90 gallon. That is without drilling and I would have to do the repair myself. Now while I do consider myself being very handy because I am a fire alarm and electronic security tech and have no problem doing the repair myself the price is a bit high for me to swallow. So please keep your ears out for me and if anyone wants to sell a 90 gallon I would gladly pick it up. For now I have an old 75 gallon that needs to be resealed that I will use.......sigh.....lol. One good thing to come from this ordeal is that I am now a paid family member of the NJRC.

The morale of this story is never take your eyes off your tank while moving it.......

Thank you for the help and assistance...

Well here is an update.... The glass stores near me want $ 200 for 2 pieces of glass for the 90 gallon. That is without drilling and I would have to do the repair myself. Now while I do consider myself being very handy because I am a fire alarm and electronic security tech and have no problem doing the repair myself the price is a bit high for me to swallow. So please keep your ears out for me and if anyone wants to sell a 90 gallon I would gladly pick it up. For now I have an old 75 gallon that needs to be resealed that I will use.......sigh.....lol. One good thing to come from this ordeal is that I am now a paid family member of the NJRC.

The morale of this story is never take your eyes off your tank while moving it.......

Thank you for the help and assistance...

I had a feeling the repair was going to be higher than a nice used tank. Will keep my eyes out for you. Maybe we can con you into a larger tank...:)