• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Worst Luck Or Is It?

That's too much for me right now. I think I am gong to stay with the 90. The member who bought yours pm'd me and offered it for the 75 he paid for it. I pick it up on Friday.
I love this club and am so glad I joined.

More to come.....let's talk fish and corals......lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's too much for me right now. I think I am gong to stay with the 90. The member who bought yours pm'd me and offered it for the 75 he paid for it. I pick it up on Friday.
I love this club and am so glad I joined.

More to come.....let's talk fish and corals......lol

That is strange, but glad you are getting it after all.

I am glad also and look forward to making a new entry in tale off the tank thread. This is also why I named this thread like I did. Just when I think something happens that is such bad luck I look back and say I was lucky it happened.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
This story brings up old memories for me. When I first got into the hobby, my brother-in-law gave me his 135g tank when they moved to Florida. It wasn't reef ready but it was a nice big tank so I took it off their hands.

After months of planning, buying bulk heads and miscellaneous equipment, drilling the sides for bulkheads, and passing the leak test it was ready to get set up. But my wife had scheduled someone to repair her windshield on her car one day and it was supposed to snow. So, I hurriedly tried to move the huge tank by myself in the garage so she could pull the car in if they needed to do it indoors. I used a few pieces of PVC pipe to roll it along... got it in as far as it could go and gave one last little tug.

I nearly cried as the back corner dropped onto the concrete floor and shattered the bottom glass. :frown:

Since I had been buying equipment and planning for the tank, I had to fulfill my dream of owning a reef tank. So, I ended up buying a full 75g RR setup for $500. Coincidentally, I upgraded that to a 120G last year and I just finished cleaning up the old tank/stand to resell it and was going to offer you a good deal on it. I know you ended up with Mark's tank though so if anyone else is looking for a 75g system, I'll be posting in the deals and steals section this weekend.

Anyway, good luck with your new tank. Make sure you start a tale of the tank thread so we can follow along on the upgrade. Oh, and welcome to the club!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome and I will absolutely be updating and showing the progress of the 90 gallon build. I truly cringed when I read your story and realized I have joined the "society of the broken tank". I am also glad to hear of the upgrade top the 120, I will be there one day..lol
I look at it this way if you have and overcome a set back, then you really enjoy the successes.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I agree with that last statement.

I also believe that when you do your own tank maintenance and care for your inhabitants yourself, you appreciate them much more than those who hire a service. Not only that, but you become more experienced and knowledgeable of how a reef tank works when you get your hands dirty. Not referring to you or anyone else here, just adding another general opinion as it sort of relates to your last statement.

I just want to say thanks to Dan. It was great to meet you and once again I have a 90 gallon build that will soon start in tale of the tank.

Well here is an update on my story. Thanks to dan k, Mark and Hockeynut my bad luck turned out to be good luck.
9fd392c44992d37eb1daf5c15f6b5613.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1441754459631.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441754493824.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441754517649.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441754544431.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441754571335.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441754599710.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441754630546.jpg