• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

120 gallon upgrade

Here's some pictures of the filter sock cutouts as I was talking about. Notice the gap on the sides of the cups. Lighting was poor in the garage so this was the best I could do with the flash on my phone.
20211107_164019.jpg20211107_164000.jpg20211107_163900.jpg20211107_163803.jpg

Idk it's odd. I did notice while playing with it tonight that I was able to get the socks it comes with to squeeze into the oval cutouts. Once they were squeezed in they fit very securely so I can only guess that is the reason they do it.

Salted

NJRC Member
How much was the sump as an open box? That's the one I'm looking at. Also, I'd be interested in the jawfish. Plenty of sand in my tank. Where are you?

How much was the sump as an open box? That's the one I'm looking at. Also, I'd be interested in the jawfish. Plenty of sand in my tank. Where are you?
I'm located in brick 08723, he's yours if you can make the trip when I break down the tank. I got the sump for $473 which I believe is a great deal even if the filter sock cutouts are weird. If I was normal and planned on running socks it wouldn't be an issue at all. I would buy the sump again.
Screenshot_20211107-191001_Chrome.jpg

Salted

NJRC Member
That's a good deal on that sump if you're lucky enough to find it as an open box like you did. Looking now and BRS gets $580 for it so $100 off is great. It's regularly only $525 at Saltwateraquarium.com. I'll keep checking open box and looking for a used one as a tank upgrade is in my future. Lmk when your breakdown is happening. If it woks out that your doing it on a day I'm off I might as well come help for the day. I'm off W/T this week but made plans to help a friend pick up his new car if it comes in.

That's a good deal on that sump if you're lucky enough to find it as an open box like you did. Looking now and BRS gets $580 for it so $100 off is great. It's regularly only $525 at Saltwateraquarium.com. I'll keep checking open box and looking for a used one as a tank upgrade is in my future. Lmk when your breakdown is happening. If it woks out that your doing it on a day I'm off I might as well come help for the day. I'm off W/T this week but made plans to help a friend pick up his new car if it comes in.
I'm still in the process of piecing the system together. I'm not sure I will have the tank setup before the end of the year so it may be some time before he's ready to go. I think i got a good deal on the sump and it's much better than the eshopps Im currently running. I'll keep my eye out for a deal for you. Are you set on the sapphire or would you mind a different color?

Sometimes I find the jawfish wandering the tank after hours. If I stumble across him doing this at night I can likely catch him then move him to an acclimation box.

Yeah man Saltwater aquarium.com has the same Trigger sumps cheaper than anyone and they offer free shipping that’s where I got mine for a good deal. You got a killer deal on your sump. Open box is fine as long as they guarantee it to not leak. Who cares about a little blemish if any for a sump like yours.

Salted

NJRC Member
I'm still in the process of piecing the system together. I'm not sure I will have the tank setup before the end of the year so it may be some time before he's ready to go. I think i got a good deal on the sump and it's much better than the eshopps Im currently running. I'll keep my eye out for a deal for you. Are you set on the sapphire or would you mind a different color?
Oh good so no rush then. I want the sapphire not for the color but because it's a 4 chamber. With Trigger the color is the model series. You have a Sapphire 39, there's no color choice for each layout. Sapphire is 4 chamber, so is the Emerald. Your sapphire 39 and the emerald 39 have the same basic layout just some minor feature differences. I'd only want a sapphire or emerald 39. Ruby series is only three chamber. Trigger Systems – Trigger Systems . They sells blems, I'm going to have to send them an email and see what they sell those for. No one's gonna see it and I'm not rich. These companies are sure proud of their pieces of plastic aren't they? :p

Yeah man Saltwater aquarium.com has the same Trigger sumps cheaper than anyone and they offer free shipping that’s where I got mine for a good deal. You got a killer deal on your sump. Open box is fine as long as they guarantee it to not leak. Who cares about a little blemish if any for a sump like yours.
It's never even been wet. All components were sealed in bags still. I had it in my cart for 2 days and decided to pull the trigger lol.
Oh good so no rush then. I want the sapphire not for the color but because it's a 4 chamber. With Trigger the color is the model series. You have a Sapphire 39, there's no color choice for each layout. Sapphire is 4 chamber, so is the Emerald. Your sapphire 39 and the emerald 39 have the same basic layout just some minor feature differences. I'd only want a sapphire or emerald 39. Ruby series is only three chamber. Trigger Systems – Trigger Systems . They sells blems, I'm going to have to send them an email and see what they sell those for. No one's gonna see it and I'm not rich. These companies are sure proud of their pieces of plastic aren't they? :p
Yea I noticed that with the colors. I'll keep my eye out for an emerald or sapphire then. I really like the layout of the sump. I was going to just repurpose my current eshopps sump but I hate the design. The return section is in the rear and not visible which is annoying because I have so much going on in my return chamber that I like to keep an eye on it. I have my doser in there, my ato level sensor, my sample line for trident and obviously the pump so I need that stuff visible at all times.

Salted

NJRC Member
It's never even been wet. All components were sealed in bags still. I had it in my cart for 2 days and decided to pull the trigger lol.

Yea I noticed that with the colors. I'll keep my eye out for an emerald or sapphire then. I really like the layout of the sump. I was going to just repurpose my current eshopps sump but I hate the design. The return section is in the rear and not visible which is annoying because I have so much going on in my return chamber that I like to keep an eye on it. I have my doser in there, my ato level sensor, my sample line for trident and obviously the pump so I need that stuff visible at all times.
I have the same thing going on in mine. I almost bought an open box eshopps on r2r, luckily I noticed it was one of their models that uses only their rectangular socks before committing. Like you I use cups and floss. I just emailed trigger just to ask what the blem price on a sapphire 39 or emerald 39 might be. If I don't end up getting a great deal I'll just build my own again. I already got a 40B from Del that I was just going to do a Fiji Cube kit in. I'm currently running a 20L with a Fiji Cube kit and it's fine. To have a Trigger would certainly be sexier and have some cool features but not really a lot better.

I have the same thing going on in mine. I almost bought an open box eshopps on r2r, luckily I noticed it was one of their models that uses only their rectangular socks before committing. Like you I use cups and floss. I just emailed trigger just to ask what the blem price on a sapphire 39 or emerald 39 might be. If I don't end up getting a great deal I'll just build my own again. I already got a 40B from Del that I was just going to do a Fiji Cube kit in. I'm currently running a 20L with a Fiji Cube kit and it's fine. To have a Trigger would certainly be sexier and have some cool features but not really a lot better.
I completely agree, I was going to go the 40 breeder route with a baffle kit myself. When I seen the open box I couldn't help myself lol.

Just heard back from trigger Systems about the cutout issue. They said they could sell me a different plate with (2) round cutouts for 25 shipped. I have 3 filter cups purchased already and I like the idea of having 3 cups rather than 2. I think this will just have to be a diy after all like I was planning.

Just heard back from trigger Systems about the cutout issue. They said they could sell me a different plate with (2) round cutouts for 25 shipped. I have 3 filter cups purchased already and I like the idea of having 3 cups rather than 2. I think this will just have to be a diy after all like I was planning.
So they agreed this is a defect?

Salted

NJRC Member
So they agreed this is a defect?
No, it’s not a defect, that’s how they do it. See post #53. Also post #63. If it works it’s not a bad idea. I run two cups in my Fiji cube kit sump. 1 ice cap and 1 Red Sea. Both fit loosely and have a bit of leakage. If I push down slightly on either one it stops, so I’m definitely loosing filtration. I’ve been wondering how to snug them up to stop the leakage. Probably unnecessary but ocd on my part.

Salted

NJRC Member
When I seen the open box I couldn't help myself lol.
I just heard back from Trigger about blem price for a sapphire or emerald 39. I also couldn’t help myself even though I don’t need this yet. Ready for this? $380 for a sapphire 39, shipped, full warranty. Moneys tight and this will just sit in a box for a while but I couldn’t pass it up. I figure $40 for a 40b + $140 for a Fiji cube kit then silicone is basically $200 and I have to do the work. Sexy sump for me :)

I just heard back from Trigger about blem price for a sapphire or emerald 39. I also couldn’t help myself even though I don’t need this yet. Ready for this? $380 for a sapphire 39, shipped, full warranty. Moneys tight and this will just sit in a box for a while but I couldn’t pass it up. I figure $40 for a 40b + $140 for a Fiji cube kit then silicone is basically $200 and I have to do the work. Sexy sump for me :)
Holy deal of the lifetime lol. That's awesome to hear, you got a better deal than me! Do you have a build thread started already?

Salted

NJRC Member
Holy deal of the lifetime lol. That's awesome to hear, you got a better deal than me! Do you have a build thread started already?
Sure was that’s why I let myself go into my pocket now. I’ll tell my wife it’s my Xmas gift and watch my spending for a bit nbd. I’m going to make a thread about it to let people know because blems are the only thing trigger sells direct to the consumer. Currently no build thread. Thought about it a few times. I’ll have to start one when I do the tank upgrade.

Sure was that’s why I let myself go into my pocket now. I’ll tell my wife it’s my Xmas gift and watch my spending for a bit nbd. I’m going to make a thread about it to let people know because blems are the only thing trigger sells direct to the consumer. Currently no build thread. Thought about it a few times. I’ll have to start one when I do the tank upgrade.
I'm very curious about what constitutes it as a blem so I look forward to some pictures when you get it. $380 for a sump like these, thats a steal. Plus it's a sump it'll get dirty and ugly eventually in most cases anyway so honestly who cares about some cosmetic issues. Wish I new about the blem deals from them, I would have done the same thing as you.