• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

120 gallon upgrade

Salted

NJRC Member
I’m curious too, and my thoughts on a blem sump are the same as yours. Copied from their website; We have several sumps and ATOs that do not live up to our standards and are currently available at a discount. In most cases, the blemishes are scratches that do not buff out cleanly or other cosmetic spots that are typically hard to notice. These items are fully functional and come with the full warranty. If interested, please email us at blemished@triggersys.com.
I just made a thread about it and will post pics of what I get and what blemishes I find on it there. I’ve realized I’ve hijacked your thread a bit, apologies.

Last edited:
I’m curious too. Copied from their website; We have several sumps and ATOs that do not live up to our standards and are currently available at a discount. In most cases, the blemishes are scratches that do not buff out cleanly or other cosmetic spots that are typically hard to notice. These items are fully functional and come with the full warranty. If interested, please email us at blemished@triggersys.com.
I just made a thread about it and will post pics of what I get and what blemishes I find on it there. I’ve realized I’ve hijacked your thread a bit, apologies.
Totally fine lol. A few scratches on a sump. I say who cares, it's where we hide everything we don't want people to see anyway.

Got an email from trigger Systems in regards to the filter sock tray. They requested some sizing info about the filter cups i purcahsed to possibly put together a custom filter cup tray for my sump. I'm very impressed by their customer service so far. I'll update when I hear back about it. I'm curious to see how much they charge for a custom plate.

Salted

NJRC Member
Tracking says mine is out for delivery. Curious to see how my cups fit. I might be ordering one of those plates too.

Salted

NJRC Member
Sounds like a good time. Did the sump happen to get delivered yet? I'm really curious to see what they consider a blemished product and I'm sure others do as well.
It was. Saw some multi million dollar cars I've never seen before. Yes, sump is here. What they consider blemishes are miniscule on the sump I received and would accept and or ignore even had I paid full price. I'll update my thread on it tomorrow.

Im debating on pulling the trigger on the 48" aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture. I have 3 ai primes I plan to use with it. What is the preferred bulb combo most use for 4 bulb t5 hybrids? Pics of current setups appreciated if anybody has some to share.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I am strictly a T5 user. I have 6 bulb unit. 3 blue, 2 coral+ and 1 actinic. This is what I use for growth and color.

I am strictly a T5 user. I have 6 bulb unit. 3 blue, 2 coral+ and 1 actinic. This is what I use for growth and color.
If I didn't already have a bunch invested in my 3 ai primes I would consider all t5 myself. But I do like the hybrid tanks I've seen from other members here so I think I'll be happy with the hybrid setup. I should have asked more questions on what they all were running to get a better idea of what I should purchase.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Per our conversation yesterday, yeah I would probably go with 3 blue+ and a purple+. Let the LEDs do their actinic thing.