• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ash's 400 Gallon Reef

Got some new tangs today. Liveaquaria standards definately have gone down 2 purple tangs seem to have HLLE. First time dealing with this and lucky i have a QT tank but not sure if I should even begin prazi treatment.
Wow that's a shame. I would just observe and feed well for as long as possible before adding prazi or anything.

Last edited:
Starboard was used to create baffles in my sump. No one says it will work but I roughed up the surface and using expoxy to glue the baffles down and will use silicone in other areas. So far so good but In case it does not hold I made sure baffles itself will never separate since I cut a tongue and grove in the 2 pieces of baffles so can have this Only drawback is I will have to have stable water line throughout my sump.
Where does one find a sump like that

+1 on letting the tangs beef up a bit. you can toss a uv on there if you see spots. all the yellow and purple tangs I get have hlle, it's a slow recovery. try selcon, ab+ even some of the acropower in their fresh frozen food. wish I would have seen this early I have way too many blue tangs here. let me know if you decide to get another.

Wow that's a shame. I would just observe and feed well for as long as possible before adding prazi or anything.
I gave it a week then hit them with prazi and now finished 2 weeks of copper. The hippo died in 1 day but the 2 purples are doing well and HLLE is fading fast.

+1 on letting the tangs beef up a bit. you can toss a uv on there if you see spots. all the yellow and purple tangs I get have hlle, it's a slow recovery. try selcon, ab+ even some of the acropower in their fresh frozen food. wish I would have seen this early I have way too many blue tangs here. let me know if you decide to get another.
Hi, thanks tangs are doing well and I am interested in getting another blue tang, How many do you have?

Anyone else have some big tangs they want to rehome let me know! Tangs will have to go in order of species so zebrasomas and probably last would be acanthuride. Its a shame I can't really justify the price on anthias since they are probably not catching them like before and i seen groups of 3 for $500

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Stop down to TSM in Sewell we have tangs that will blow your mind. PM me if interested
Do you have any idea when they will open the online ordering? I keep checking twice a day since it closed hoping to see it open

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I would love to go. As a matter of fact, I had Map-quested the address on Friday. I remember driving past it when I would drive my first son the rowan U.

I am pooped with driving. Drove my third son back to University Delaware yesterday. Their winter break just ended. I left at 3:30 PM and got to U Del at 6:29 PM. So much traffic down south of exit 3 on the turnpike.

I’ll order online. Hope they don’t sell out on the fishes I want.

thank you for the reply!