• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ash's 400 Gallon Reef

Vermiculate (Divided) Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon Bipartitus)
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
Helfrichi
Nice. I only saw one Wrasse there. Wish I could keep Wrasse but in a barebottom not possible. They are harder to Qt I think so maybe get them from somewhere else and a tank transfer method lol

Did you happen to ask why they did during thier 30 day quarantine? I would like to get fish from them especially some of the riskier ones so they don’t die from random infections like you get from other stores that don’t

I didn't ask bc only reason i ordered was bc I watched a YouTube video Reefbum with the Matt Ferroin ( Rest in peace). 30days is insane for me to do in my home let alone a business so they are in it for the passion not money. My wife tells me dont chase money let money chase you. Thats TMS

Anyways they run copper, prazi and maybe formalin and all other stuff I don't want to learn but there prizes are reasonable since they are more likely to survive

Tangs are super aggressive when it comes to defending their cave - So despite my scape having a lot of overhangs and good space for smaller fish the larger tangs will fight for the few top spots. I've seen this in my past tank and i am seeing it right now in my sump holding area. I had this in my mind but why not create 6 equally sized hiding spots, I have a good area in the back of the tank where I can hide a good box with 6 compartments. I am hoping this may help the aggression and result in more peaceful tank.

Tangs are super aggressive when it comes to defending their cave - So despite my scape having a lot of overhangs and good space for smaller fish the larger tangs will fight for the few top spots. I've seen this in my past tank and i am seeing it right now in my sump holding area. I had this in my mind but why not create 6 equally sized hiding spots, I have a good area in the back of the tank where I can hide a good box with 6 compartments. I am hoping this may help the aggression and result in more peaceful tank.
Congrats on your new build, it’s amazing!!!!
I have 3 Yellow Tangs, a Mimic Tang and a Hippo Tang in my 120 gals and during the lights on they are best buddies and all swings together but when lights off they turn very territorial.

Congrats on your new build, it’s amazing!!!!
I have 3 Yellow Tangs, a Mimic Tang and a Hippo Tang in my 120 gals and during the lights on they are best buddies and all swings together but when lights off they turn very territorial.
Thank you, I had same experience with my 3 yellows for the past 5 years. Ppl thing aggression goes down with tank size, which hold some truth but a 500 gallon with only few good hiding places will create issues. I wont add the fish to the display until every fish has a place to feel safe.

Thank you, I had same experience with my 3 yellows for the past 5 years. Ppl thing aggression goes down with tank size, which hold some truth but a 500 gallon with only few good hiding places will create issues. I wont add the fish to the display until every fish has a place to feel safe.
Great idea.