• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DeL's Reefer 750XXL

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Looking good Del, is that a little diatoms on the rock? I love the minimal rock work but sometimes it isn’t enough for the bacteria you need. Do you have any rock in the sump?
I'm actually planning on adding another rock structure in that middle area. and I don't want to see the D word..it may or may not be. but I don't want to say it hahahabaha!! hoping the algae reactor will help.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Nice Seale's. Best thing in the tank besides the slimer, blue tip stag, and the yellow tip stag.
the cardinal? wow. I think you are the only one who knows what that is. it's biota bred. and those corals you named, some guy named Eric hooked me up hahahahahahaha!! I was gonna move the yellow tip, but it already encrusted.

eholceker

NJRC Member
the cardinal? wow. I think you are the only one who knows what that is. it's biota bred. and those corals you named, some guy named Eric hooked me up hahahahahahaha!! I was gonna move the yellow tip, but it already encrusted.

Seale's are always out and about. You should get some more. They shoal real nice. The breeding pressure does reduce their lifespan. Once my Maragrita Cardinal dies I am definitly getting one.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
got a shipment from fraghouse Corals. they had a crazy clearance sale!! had to jump on!! I gotta stop shopping at 2am. I always end up buying things and wondering what the hell I just bought by the time morning comes hahaha!! 13 new sps frags all on the rack

Attachments

• 20210416_172102.jpg
    20210416_172102.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 27

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
also, i finally got the algae scrubber hooked up and running!! it's plumbed behind the wall, because I don't want any thing else in the sump area. I'm using a varios 4 to power the scrubber, and tee'd it off to also power my gfo reactor.

Attachments

• 20210416_174337.jpg
    20210416_174337.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Del I'm Jealous! Beautiful tank. I need a job wherever you work pls and thank you.

How do you keep your trachys looking good? I got one coming and want it to live lol
thank you !! I've never put so much work in any of my previous tanks. I made sure I did everything right and took my time on this one. as far as trachys and wellsos, I just put them there and never touched them. I run a cal rx for stability and have my DOS setup for auto water changes, so that may be helping. also I feed LPS pellets to them maybe once a week or so. low flow but they have also been hit with high flow when I had sps. I also noticed when my lights were brighter then shrunk. hope that helped.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
It looking nice Del!!;)
although
Why so many Frags on the Frag rack ? Are they one extra of each type?
thanks man !! oh, I kind of just threw them all on there so I could clean the other rack. planning on mounting those frags onto a rock of their own

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
fish update !! exquisite wrasse, cleaner wrasse, and pyramid butterflyfish have been in QT for over a week now. eating everything I throw in !! gonna wait a few days and then I'll add some prazi pro. gotta get them fat and healthy first haha!!

Attachments

• 20210825_231201.jpg
    20210825_231201.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
quick update on the 750. a few sps frags survived the black bugs and are not growing like crazy. might pick up a few more sps to test out. for now, I'm going for mostly LPS. I'm still looking to add more fish, just waiting on a certain season and waiting for certain species. enjoy !

eholceker

NJRC Member
quick update on the 750. a few sps frags survived the black bugs and are not growing like crazy. might pick up a few more sps to test out. for now, I'm going for mostly LPS. I'm still looking to add more fish, just waiting on a certain season and waiting for certain species. enjoy !

Couldn't kill the yellow tip stag? Haha.