• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Diana’s build

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
The 3 bulkheads are very close to each other. I have a question! I think I need to cut the excess length off the 2 pass though bulkhead thread. Am I correct? I think if I leave it at this length I won’t be able to fit my drain plumbing. If I am suppose to trim the thread...how do I do it?

Attachments

• 2A4153C3-DAC1-4D71-AA06-8C0073DBEA54.jpeg
    2A4153C3-DAC1-4D71-AA06-8C0073DBEA54.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
D

Deleted member 27248

If you have to cut the threadsed part...make sure you leave the nut on, make your cut as straight as can be, clean the threads, then remove the nut. It will act as a thread chaser.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I tried these two fittings without the needed short pvc pipe and they couldn’t fit under the pass-through bulkhead threaded area

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
The 3 bulkheads are very close to each other. I have a question! I think I need to cut the excess length off the 2 pass though bulkhead thread. Am I correct? I think if I leave it at this length I won’t be able to fit my drain plumbing. If I am suppose to trim the thread...how do I do it?
I had to shave a little of mine too in order for the bulkheads to sit tight

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I am assuming that my drain plumbing is suppose to look something like this.....

Attachments

• 8CEB663B-7DA5-4D32-A289-3915D9A1D2A7.jpeg
    8CEB663B-7DA5-4D32-A289-3915D9A1D2A7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hacksaw will give me the cleanest and straightest cut? No power tool? Thank you all for your help.

Is this design not a good idea? This is how innovative marine does their bean animal.

Attachments

• 44043694-B4DA-482A-B77D-B82C73BFBA7D.png
    44043694-B4DA-482A-B77D-B82C73BFBA7D.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Hacksaw will give me the cleanest and straightest cut? No power tool? Thank you all for your help.

Is this design not a good idea? This is how innovative marine does their bean animal.
I would do the Innovative Marine style but put a strainer on the full drain in case any fish or snail somehow makes it back there.

I tried doing the other 2 but had problems with noise and the full drain not setting the level correctly whenever I shut off the pump

Excuse the grossness (trying to "dirty" my tank so haven't been cleaning it). But this is how I set mine. Same problem as you with the bulkheads too close. I used a cheap dremmel from harbor freight to basically grind down the sides of the bulkheads that were touching

Attachments

• 20201213_012234.jpg
    20201213_012234.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 10

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I am almost done with the plumbing. I have two support hangers to connect and I am waiting on a delivery of silicone tubing from BRS for the pump to the pvc. I cut the pass through bulkhead threads to shorten it so that I will be able to do the bean animal.

Attachments

• 758E4D88-EA4F-4906-B0C0-6E4EB684363E.jpeg
    758E4D88-EA4F-4906-B0C0-6E4EB684363E.jpeg
    677.9 KB · Views: 24

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I am almost done with the plumbing. I have two support hangers to connect and I am waiting on a delivery of silicone tubing from BRS for the pump to the pvc. I cut the pass through bulkhead threads to shorten it so that I will be able to do the bean animal.

This is great work.